[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i could use some anime recommendations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: vader.webm (3MB, 720x308px) Image search: [Google]
vader.webm
3MB, 720x308px
Its been a while since i have seen an anime so i could use some help finding a new one to watch
I dont really like romance in anime so avoid those ones if you can. not super into ecchi either.

here is the list of anime i have seen : https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Soldeus

(dont be rude)
>>
Shinsekai Yori. The pacing is fucked up and the beginning is a lot of textwalls and infodumpings, but it pays of in the end, trust me.
Mawaru Penguindrum if you don't mind symbolism and surrealism
Durarara, since you've watched Baccano (how's the rating for SNK higher than that, pls)
Mob Psycho
Kill la Kill
Inferno Cop
Boku no hero academia
Busou Renkin, it's an old shonen but a lot of fun to watch
And you might like Guilty Crown
>>
>>257579
oh, Dennou Coil. I forgot Dennou Coil.
>>
>>257579
holy shit. thanks!
>>
>>257583
You're welcome.
Oh, and re:zero
was my favourite last year.
>>
>>257579
OP shouldn't watch Penguin Drum without watching Utena. Everyone should watch Utena, a 90s classic. It is always shafted by Bebop and Eva and it kills me.
>>
I'm gonna look at your list and rec you stuff based on what I see.

>Ghost in the Shell
Watch the TV series, Stand Alone Complex. It's not directly connected to the events of the movies, but is still very high quality and worth a watch. It's less atmospheric and philosophical, more of a cyberpunk political thriller/police procedural with the occasional cyborg fight. Still very wordy. Recommend watching it dubbed. Other titles you should check out include Akira, the classic 1988 film, and Serial Experiments Lain. A good sci-fi core to go with what you've got.

>Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Props for watching this, not many people have the patience for 110 OVAs. I recommend you watch the Gaiden series (Spiral Labyrinth and Hundred Billion Stars, Hundred Billion Lights), which are set before the events of the main OVA series and show how Yang and Reinhard in their early days. The movies are pretty skippable, especially Overture to a New War.

>Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Kill la Kill, it's by the same director, Hiroyuki Imaishi. It's got quite a bit of T&A though, so if you're truly squeamish about it then you might give it a pass. It's really worth the watch though, a madcap ride the whole way. Consider other stuff Imaishi worked on like Inferno Cop, FLCL, and Space Patrol Luluco (Panty & Stocking is another popular one by him, but it's an extremely raunchy comedy so it's probably not your speed). Also as a matter of course you should watch Gunbuster, because it informs so much of Gainax's later projects, including TTGL. If you like it, then consider also watching Diebuster, which was made as a sequel to it.

>FMA, DBZ, HxH
Since you seem to like battle shounen classics give Yu Yu Hakusho a watch. It has held up very well over time. It's by the same author as HxH by the way, but far more typical of the genre. This is another one I actually recommend dubbed.
>>
>>257606
Utena is also worth a watch for its influence on popular titles like KLK. People talk about how KLK relates to TTGL but if anything it's just Utena crossed with Blazing Transfer Student, only its patented Imaishi flare really ties it to TTGL.
>>
>>257946
True, there are a lot of parallels between those series but KLK is nothing to Utena. Based off of what OP has watched it, the series for them. Lots of Gainax and Mahouse titles. If you are a fan of Gainax, you have to watch Trigger works.
OP doesn't have to watch Utena now though.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.