[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC troubleshooting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: speccy.png (30KB, 637x529px) Image search: [Google]
speccy.png
30KB, 637x529px
Help me, my computer is fucked.

I installed a Dualshock3 driver package from reddit to be able to play Dark Souls on PC with a PS controller. It included xbox360 drivers, SCP and unbeknown to me, a couple of motioninjoy drivers as well.

Many months went without issues, but one day a boss hit me, the controller rumbled uncontrollably and a BSoD happened. Couldn't read what it was. Rebooted and kept playing until i got to another area, another couple of BSoDs that i couldn't read, startup got fucked and went into infinite loop. I did startup repair, recovery, scanned with malwarebytes and nothing, Avast antivirus got disabled, tried to delete the drivers, issues keep happening and currently this thing is relatively stable. I still get random reboots and don't know how to fix it. One of the BSoDs said "Memory management" and another one "uncompatible hardware error" or something like that.

Tldr: My computer randomly reboots, BSoDs, fucked my registry, and i don't know what to do.

I don't have Windows installation disc, someone else installed it for me, and ultimately, i'll have to take it to the store for repairs, but i want to see what i can do first. If you help, Thanks.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/NrPZKSSgRE7yNTGPEUKR2TG
>>
>>257104
Why do you think it has anything to do with the controller?

Xbox pads have always continued to rumble when the computer they're connected to tells them to rumble, then crashes and never tells them to stop.
>>
are you able to unistall things?
>>
>>257110
Because of the motioninjoy drivers that faggot snuck into the package, which are known to cause BSoDs, but i don't know how to manually uninstall them now.

>>257111
I think i could, but i'm afraid it will crash everything again. Why do you ask?
>>
>>257112
They're not even loaded unless the device is present, and your computer is crashing anyway.

It's time to start being scientific.
>>
>>257114
That is sensible.

How can i tell if it's either my registry or the RAMs which are fucking up?
>>
>>257116
Boot to the BIOS menu, and see if it crashes anyway
Boot Windows Setup off a USB, don't try to install anything, just leave it and and see if it crashes anyway.
Boot in safe mode, and see if it crashes anyway.
Boot to the logon screen, and see if it crashes anyway.
>>
>>257124
Safe mode doesn't crash.

Logon doesn't always crash. Currently i'm using it and it hasn't crashed. Yesterday i was using it, left it idling and it crashed.
>>
Motioninjoy is a piece of shit, Windows repair disc/usb is easily obtainable. Any type of installation media will work. Usb key or cd. Use Rufus and download an image of your windows version. Check the iso md5 hash listed on Microsoft's website to ensure there's no unwanted shit piggybacking.
>>
File: 89045687439670.png (15KB, 460x111px) Image search: [Google]
89045687439670.png
15KB, 460x111px
Just to be safe, completely uninstall SCP and see if that helps, it seems like the version you're using is really outdated anyway.

Open an elevated command prompt (Run cmd.exe as an adminstrator) and enter these two lines:

sc stop Ds3Service
sc delete Ds3Service

If Ds3Service isn't the right name look up what the service name for "SCP DS3 Service" is and replace it with that.

You can also look if you see any driver called "Scp Driver" or "Scp Virtual Bus Driver" or something like that:

pnputil -e

and delete it like this:

pnputil -f -d oemXX.inf

where XX is replaced with whatever number is in the driver's "Published Name". Be careful not to delete the wrong driver though.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.