[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vice, Vox, Slate, HuffPost, Buzzfeed, FiveThirtyEight...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Vice-Daily-News-Show-Go90.jpg (45KB, 1140x700px) Image search: [Google]
Vice-Daily-News-Show-Go90.jpg
45KB, 1140x700px
What's the difference? I feel like they're all the same, trying hard to be tomorrow's first news company.

Is there one you like better? Can you tell them apart? Which one should I follow if I don't want to be caught in information overload from all of them?

I asked /mu/ yesterday but they mostly pointed me to music-only blogs and websites. Good recommendations too, apparently, I'm not complaining.
>>
PS: I forgot Salon, The Daily Beast, Business Insider, The Intercept...
>>
>>257063
Vice is sort of worldwide and their hbo documentaries are bretty ebin :^).
Some documentaries are better than other but that happens when you have to release them on regular basis.
>>
>>257063
Just ignore all of them.

Newsertainment is just a soap opera that happens to be true in places sometimes.

Nothing you see on any of these sites gives you anything you need to change anything that directly affects your life in any way whatsoever. Who cares what clickbaity thing Trump said this time? Does it affect you? If it does, can you do anything about it? And given that you can't do anything about it, why waste your time on it in the first place?

You should be reading local news, and news that pertains to whatever industry you're in. Everything else is just gossip.
>>
File: television3.jpg (1MB, 3732x2219px) Image search: [Google]
television3.jpg
1MB, 3732x2219px
>>257073
This. I have blocked all news websites. If I happen to sumble upon a news site I have not blocked yet, I immediatly block it.

However I also dont read local news or news in my industry. Once in a while my friends tell me what's happening in the world, that's my only news source.

I have stopped reading or searching any news for almost a year now and it made me SO MUCH MORE HAPPIER. I barely have any opinions on anything anymore, and lost the need to express most of them; I am quite satisfied. I am not angry any more. I am not stressed anymore, I dont have hatred anymore, my attitude has become very optimistic and joyous.
I can connect easyer with random strangers and friends.

Honestly I feel like somehow news is the main driver behind most of the bad stuff in the world.
Stopping to read news is one of the best things I have ever done to myself.

News is just a distraction. Get rid of it. Start living and then maybe someday people will make news about you haha.
>>
>>257073
>>257221
I don't share these very general opinions. I have seen, and still see, governments and interest groups be harmful to me and my interests. That's what happens when you are part of a targeted minority.

I read the news and keep up with the world (or at least my European country) to know the enemy's move, try to foresee the next one, and try to minimize the harm it causes to me.

If you don't have an enemy and don't need to arm yourself against it (metaphorically speaking), you are lucky indeed. I wish I hadn't, but the world isn't on my side.

A simple example of a use I make of the news is to take the temperature of the gay-hating fever in my country, so as to judge precisely of what opinions I can and cannot hold publicly.

An example you may perhaps relate to more easily is tracking changes in the tax legislation to maximize the hard-won money you can keep. A few years ago I avoided to lose a handful amount of money for a middle-class-fag, by investing a sum in a particular government-run program, two days before the law that had created the program was revoked by a new government. I thank the news for telling me about it sufficiently in advance.

Examples abound. In any country, laws are voted everyday, executive orders are signed everyday, and they apply and affect everybody in different ways. The more one is at risk of losing something, the more they should plan ahead, and yes, that requires keeping up with the enemy's moves.
>>
The Atlantic.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.