[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC keeps bluescreening, source unknown

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1470571699476.png (355KB, 514x544px) Image search: [Google]
1470571699476.png
355KB, 514x544px
The pc I built years ago has been fine until now. For some reason, soon after logging in I get blue screen of death with no error code. The computer is moving much more sluggishly so I reseated the ram. This wasn't the problem as my pc detects both sticks and they don't seem to have any load on them. I thought it might have been the hard drive so I installed Windows on an empty old hdd I had laying around but it's still doing the same thing. Has anyone had anything similar to this happen before? I'm losing my mind and need my pc for schoolwork.
>>
this could be your processor. if its not your ram or hdd than this is most likely the case. The pins could be getting oxidized or losing contact. how long have you had your cpu, what cpu do you have, and what motherboard.
>>
>>256774
Thermal paste, probably on the GPU you installed years ago.

Reinstall the CPU cooler, and if it's still fucked, replace the GPU with a known-good.
>>
>>256774
if u got windows 10 there is a simple way to wipe the harddrive but keep the personal finals
it just rids the machine of virus and/or harmful programs
but it keeps ur pics, school work, ect ect
if not its probably a hardware issue
if its anything under windows 10 there might be a way but i am unsure
best of luck friend!
>>
>>256784
Its not the hdd read the post
>>
>>256774
I'm here with the "This is obvious and you may have overlooked it" questions

Have you cleaned your disk and then defragmented recently?

Have you checked for viruses?

Have you opened up Task Manager to see if a program is being shitty?
>>
>>256811
I'm running a fresh install of windows and having the same issues so I imagine it's a hardware issue
>>
File: windows_install_disk.jpg (48KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
windows_install_disk.jpg
48KB, 480x360px
>>256774
>I installed Windows
Found the problem, Get Linux instead.
>>
Run memtest on your ram, wether or not the board recognizes it, doesn't prove it isn't a bad stick.
Alternatively try booting with one stick at a time.
>>
>>256943
Again, refit the CPU heatsink, and if that doesn't fix it, try it without the graphics card.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.