[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Laptop screen damaged by a candle.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

I know it is fixable, what I am asking is if I can still use it till it is fixed. And how much will the repair cost me (in parts, without labor).
>>
This is how the back of the laptop looks like.
>>
>>256254
Assuming thats a 13-16 inch laptop it'll cost you 30-70 bucks.
You're lucky that isn't a macbook or you'd have to shell out a good 300 dollaroos.

And of course you can still use it. Worst case scenario you turn the computer off the and monitor never comes on again.
>>
>>256268
Might as well replace the plastics at the same time, which means it's probly quicker and easier and cheaper to buy a whole screen instead of a panel.
>>
>>256351
>probly quicker and easier
We want facts not assumptions. This is not always the case and is not always cheaper. You might get lucky and find a whole lid with screen but you would still have to deal with taking part of the laptop apart.

Get the screen, pop the bezel, and replace. Easy fix.
>>
>>256430
Well you're not going to get "facts" unless you have a magic camera that can stare into OP's soul and tell you how he regards sourcing multiple components and the alacrity with which he can re-run wifi antennae.
>>
>>256430
>Get the screen, pop the bezel, and replace. Easy fix.
Half-assed fix: you still have a massive brown burn on the lid plastic, despite having done nearly all the work required to have replaced it.

And if you're literally talking about removing the bezel whilst leaving the lid attached to the chassis, well wew lad.
>>
>>256254
Find a used/crapped one and harvest for spare-parts (screws, heatsinks, keyboard, battery etc.)
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.