[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Something like Kill la Kill, but with non-garbage animation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: Kill-La-Kill-Image.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Kill-La-Kill-Image.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I finally bit the bullet and watched a bit of Kill la Kill, despite telling myself I'd never touch it with a 10-foot pole, and to my surprise, I really enjoyed what it had to offer. I really liked its over the top action and overall insanity, the gimmicky weapons and fighting styles, the edginess, everything. The thing is, I only managed to sit through 4 episodes before dropping it.

Both the animation and the majority of its artstyle I found to be so terrible, I found the series really hard to watch. It kept switching back and forth between a regular anime style and this weird quasi-western-cartoon style, with the first being so choppy and snappy it almost felt like I was reading a Visual Novel, and the second one basically turning the characters into either a disproportionate pile of noodles or a cardboard cutout and throwing them around the screen.

Can you suggest me an action anime series that feels like Kill la Kill in terms of its characters, style, over the top action, overall weirdness etc. but at the same time has a decent-looking, consistent art and animation that actually resembles an anime? Because I feel really bummed out I can't bring myself to watch a series which concepts I enjoy because of its shit-tier technical side, and would like to experience the next best thing.

I'd like your suggestions to have a conclusive ending and be self-contained, though - no manga should be required to be read from me to get the full story.

Also, please don't suggest anything from Gainax. I've already tried watching many of their creations, both mainstream and less popular ones, and they just don't click with me at all, with a different reason for each of them.

Thanks in advance for the help.
>>
you sound insufferable
>>
>>255778
kys
>>
I'm not really sure why you made this thread, OP. You come off as a huge twat. I guess maybe another twatty guy will come along to help you eventually, but more than likely you'll just get into an argument with him over who can be a bigger piece of shit.
>>
>>255816
>I'm not really sure why you made this thread, OP.

To get help. It's the worksafe suggestions board, right? I haven't lost my way and turned up elsewhere?

>You come off as a huge twat.

Why? Because I insulted KLKs perfect, innovative animation that nobody has the right to insult because that means they're phillistines who don't know a good anime when they see one and are automatically wrong?

I thought 4chan was a different kind of place. Seems like I was wrong.
>>
Gurren Lagann
>>
>>255818
I don't have a problem helping newbies find anime to watch, that's why I lurk this board. But that's not really the case with your post. I'm having trouble finding the right bundle of adjectives to describe the impression of your personality it gives me. Judgemental and narrow minded leap out, but also arrogant, presumptuous, ignorant, pretentious, misguided, and so on. Hence why I just went with the general descriptor of "twat" since that pretty succinctly covered it. For the record, I don't have any particularly strong feelings about KLK, you could have ranted about almost any anime and my response would be unchanged. It's because your explanation for disliking it is just so appallingly stupid. That, combined with the arrogant way you showcase your stupidity, just gives you this air of being an insufferable cunt.
>>
>kill la kill
>garbage animation
What are you thinking man
>>
>>255775
>no Gainax
Gurren Lagann is literally 100% what you are asking for. It's Kill la Kill but better in every way, not least of all animation. I can't think of any possible better suggestion for what you're describing than Gurren Lagann.
>>
Inferno Cop
>>
>>255775
Panty&Stocking
>>
>>255775
Don't listen to these faggots, you seem like a cool guy.
I suggest Ninja Slayer.
>>
Thank you to all of you, anons, who decided to actually help me instead of going on a crusade against me. I'm now going to refer to each one of you who took this request seriously.

>>255842
>>255936
>Gurren Lagann is literally 100% what you are asking for. It's Kill la Kill but better in every way

I don't know, man. I watched, like, 3 episodes of it in the past and then dropped it because the action was very, very underwhelming. Even at the most of the top stuff I've seen in these three episodes I was, like, "meh". I know it apparently gets better later, but I've heard it's somewhere around 8th or 9th episode and I really don't feel like sitting through 5 more episodes I'm not going to enjoy in hopes this 8th episode is going to be the magical one that turns it all around.

>>256047
>>256053
I don't like how Trigger animates its stuff in general. Don't you think suggesting Trigger's other works would be a bad idea?
>>
>>256183
Sex and Violence with Machspeed.
>>
EVERYBODY GET THE FUCK OFF MY PLANE
-CIA
>>
>>256062
Shin Getter Robo.
>>
>>256251
Seen it. Great stuff. Are any other Go Nagai mecha anime similarly good?
>>
>>256277
>Getter Robo
>Go Nagai
No wonder you seem like an idiot. It's because you are.
>>
>>256284
Are you fucking retarded or something? It's written right here that Getter Robo is a Go Nagai manga.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/1551/Getter_Robo
>>
>>256285
You are a fucking idiot. Go Nagai's entire contribution to Getter Robo was "Hey, what if planes combined into a robot?" Literally EVERYTHING ELSE from art to story to characters was conceived entirely by Ken Ishikawa. This is a known fact but assholes like you try to detract from Ishikawa's accomplishments and contributions to manga and the mecha genre. Fuck you.
>>
>>256306
Okay, then. Are any other Ken Ishikawa mecha anime good, then? I don't want to waste my energy arguing about pointless shit - I just want good anime suggestions.
>>
>>256312
Getter Robo Armageddon is trash.
Shin Getter Robo vs Neo Getter Robo is good.

Ken Ishikawa died before he could move on to stuff besides Getter (or even finish Getter, for that matter).
>>
>>256316
Thank you. That was the kind of answer I was looking for from the get go.
>>
File: Kumi.jpg (58KB, 1200x670px) Image search: [Google]
Kumi.jpg
58KB, 1200x670px
Can I hi-jack this thread?

I'm looking for aesthetic animes like that look as beautifull as that new "Hibike! Euphonium" piece. The animations are out of this world but the story about school girls being autistic over a music club just doesn't click with me
>>
>>256391
Why would you even want to do that? /wsr/ is such a slow-moving board, threads can literally be there for days before getting archived, and that's if you don't bump them. You can just make your own thread without any fear.
>>
>>256393
i kinda went on a posting spree and didn't want to flood /wsr/ (did two requests prior to this) ;-;
>>
>>256396
Then why not just hijack your own thread?
>>
>>256397
because they weren't about animos
>>
>>256391
>The animations are out of this world but the story about school girls being autistic over a music club just doesn't click with me

Welcome to Kyoanus: Some of the best artistic talent the industry has to offer and absolutely no ingenuity to back it up whatsoever.
>>
File: 1464165583086.png (279KB, 602x648px) Image search: [Google]
1464165583086.png
279KB, 602x648px
>>255775
Kill la Kill saved anime you fucking moron.

Also the animation was God-tier. Kill yourself
>>
>>255775
Animation actually gets better, story gets worse

It's still fun though please finish it
>>
>>256505
What are low standards?

>>256508
Does it get better to the point where it stops stretching characters out of proportions and teleporting them around in order to simulate fast movements? I don't reckon it does.

Any actual suggestions or can I just safely abandon this thread because from this point on it's going to be just people getting butthurt I have a different opinion to theirs about KLK?
>>
>>256546
You don't understand animation, fuck off to a different platform and never come back.
>>
>>256553
In a way it's kind of funny how salty people can get when you happen to not like a popular, well-regarded series and point out its flaws.
>>
>>256554
People are just tired of this crap. We've been over this topic for almost three years now. The animation in KLK is intentionally how it is, and the concept and feeling you described in your opening post would not work without it.
It is no problem at all to not like it. But to not realize that something is of a high quality because it does not fit your narrow minded view of how a show is supposed to look makes you look like an idiot.
>>
>>256562
In the end, though, it doesn't matter. The point of the topic is that I don't like the animation, but like the concepts and I'm looking for something that has animation and artstyle that are pleasant to look at and not intentionally made to be terrible. All I got was people who were either trolling or butthurt, with little to no actually useful suggestions given.
>>
>>256563
The point is there will be nothing like you want, because the points you describe require the points you don't want. It amazes me this thread is 30+ posts long and you still don't get this simple thing. You will not get the over the top feeling with a kyoani style of animation.
Everything that is similar is Gainax (FLCL) or does not work.
>>
>>256564
Ehh... You know what? Fuck it, fuck you, fuck this board. I'm going to go ask for something elsewhere, where there are no people who're going to get super salty over me "not noticing high quality" and will actually help instead. Just point me out to reddit or whatever you retards do in those cases and let's be done with this farce.
>>
>>256565
I told you to fuck off hours ago, just do it faggot.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.