[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could someone help with ps3 problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: guide-ps3-cheats.jpg (32KB, 800x373px) Image search: [Google]
guide-ps3-cheats.jpg
32KB, 800x373px
Poorfag here I have a ps3 and recently I tried to turn it on and low and behold it says Connect the controller using a USB cable and then press PS button. Problem is I have a cheap wired controller so It won't connect if I borrowed a ps4 controller is there a way go use that to get around it. Thanks I'd appreciate the help.
>>
>>253458
Bump for desperation
>>
>>253462
This board is slow so you don't need to bump.
I don't think a ps4 controller would connect ,but give it a try anyways. controllers die eventually from wear and tear.
In the end I would buy a new controller.
>>
>>253482
Really didn't want to hear that got to wait a week Or pay £30 for one now
>>
>>253491
7 days is nothing in the long run. Stay strong poorfag.
>>
>>253482
>>253491

PS4 controllers work, I use one for my PS3.
>>
>>253506
Does it work for this specific problem tho, I didn't think the ps4 even had a power button. If I buy a cheap ps3 accessory like remote control could I even use it just to get past the connect to USB problem then go back to using the third party controller I've been using.
>>
File: ps.png (187KB, 408x596px) Image search: [Google]
ps.png
187KB, 408x596px
>>253509
The PS4 controller has a PS (power) button just like the PS3 controller (see pic).

Also, what is your problem? Are you in the middle of installing an update or something?
>>
>>253511
Was playing skyrim then it froze turned of ps3 then when I turned it back on it says on screen "connect your controller through USB and press power button but I have a wired third party controller which the ps button won't work for some reason it was perfect before but everyone is saying I need to get an offocial ps3 dualshock controller or it won't work. Fuck my life
>>
Really wish there was a simple fix, I genuinely do feel like my ancestors fucked with a gypsy or something and now my family is cursed.
>>
>>253514
Well, if you could borrow an official PS3 or PS4 controller, I'm 99% sure it'd work and let you go back to using your wired controller.

But, for now, what happens if you restart the PS3? Does it just give you the same screen again? If so, you could maybe try accessing safe mode and, if it lets you use your controller, restore the file system.

How to access safe mode:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Consoles-Peripherals/How-to-access-Playstation-3-SAFE-MODE/td-p/5812274
>>
>>253522
If he needs to press the power button to connect instead of pressing power on the console he is probably in the menu, whatever the menu is called
>>253515
post pictures of the screen, and the controller if you can.
>>
File: IMG_20170119_044150.jpg (922KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170119_044150.jpg
922KB, 2560x1920px
>>253522
>>253527
I have tried everything it just takes me back to this screen
>>
File: IMG_20170119_044251.jpg (948KB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170119_044251.jpg
948KB, 1920x2560px
Controller
>>
>>253531
Did you try going into safe mode?

Also, I did a bit of Googling and someone said they had this exact same problem and using a different USB cable helped.

It's a long shot, but worth a try.
>>
>>253533
Its a wired controller.
>>
And I've tried to boot to safe mode it just goes straight to the connect controller page
>>
>>253534
Shit, sorry. I'm kinda retarded.

But yeah, I think you're outta luck, mate. :(

You're gonna need an official controller to get round it.

Sorry senpai.
>>
>>253539
NP thanks anyway bro. God if your real go fuck yourself you spiteful cock smoking bitch.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.