[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What program is best to use with an ftp server? I have admin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: 1482350194452.jpg (75KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1482350194452.jpg
75KB, 720x960px
What program is best to use with an ftp server? I have admin rights and want to create a hidden user so I'll still have access after the password i changed. Also want to log in with hidden user without leaving trace. Possibru? In return: titsu.
>>
>>253414
>>>/g/ might be a better place to ask
are you running ftp server on linux or windows?
>>
>>253429
It's running on windows. Tried posting in /g/ but got a warning for unknown reasons, thought it was for "requesting assistance". Is it even possible to create a hidden user? I've been doing some research and it seems ftp isn't the major playground I thought it would be.
>>
The best program is ftp, obviously.
If you're not l33t enough to use plain ftp, maybe filezilla will do.
>>
>>253414
Filezilla may serve your purposes.
They have their own server program but go for the normal version.
>>
File: 1484610924457.jpg (2MB, 3136x2352px) Image search: [Google]
1484610924457.jpg
2MB, 3136x2352px
>>253586
>>253672
I got filezilla, but it seems you can only log into the server interface with the "local computer". If nothing else is possible, I'd like to see the log files of connections and transfers, but where are the log files stored on an ftp server? Been googling this shit for hours and it's a black hole on the internet.
>>
File: plebsgoaroundformiles.jpg (56KB, 395x394px) Image search: [Google]
plebsgoaroundformiles.jpg
56KB, 395x394px
The log files are not usually inside the ftp tree. To get at them you need a remote shell.

Try rdp or winrm/ipmi for windows servers and ssh, telnet, or rsh for unix/mac servers.

on unix-like servers, you can find the log files around /var/log/*ftp*
>>
>>253820
ok, I'll look into that. It's a windows server. asuscomm.com
>>
File: vectordisplay.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
vectordisplay.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>russian IP
>actually registered to the chinese ASUSTeK
>only scannable service is an IP-whitelisted ftp server
>where OP has admin rights
I'm jelly, sounds really fun up there.

What's in the ftp root, is it just a filedrop or are there system files? Post the directory listing if you can.

You don't sound like you have the expertise to do this, but an FTP bounce attack would tell you where the management interface is if it isn't FTP. You might have to embed exploits into the dropped files if you can't reach the management interface, but that would be against /wsr/'s rules. (wanna take this to IRC?)
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.