[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Audio-Technica M40x and iPod Classic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: qtp2tie 14.gif (3MB, 378x400px) Image search: [Google]
qtp2tie 14.gif
3MB, 378x400px
I bought a pair of Audio-Technica M40x headphones without realizing that the jack doesn't support my iPod classic or my laptop. It's 3.5 mm. Am I better off buying a TRRS to TRS converter? Are there any iPod compatible cables for the M40x?

Thanks.
>>
>>251764
Would the "Rode SC3 3.5mm TRRS to TRS Adaptor" (on Amazon) work?
>>
>>251764
At the risk of stating the obvious, have you tried pulling the big plug off?

Most headphones nowadays use a normal headphone jack with a guitar-lead-style adapter that's part of the plug and pulls off or unscrews.

Google suggests yours do too.
>>
>>251783
No, this is the default jack
>>
File: image.jpg (83KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 900x900px
>>251790
You're absolutely certain?

Because this appears to be a picture of the default jack, which appears like it would just plug straight into an iPod once you pull the end off it.
>>
>>251802
Yup. The audio only functions if you don't plug it in all the way, but once you do, then the vocals become drowned out and the rest of the audio is muddled.
>>
>>251803
This is somewhat baffling, because that's caused by having no audio ground connection, and the iPod has an absolutely standard headphone jack, with the ground exactly where you'd expect it to be.
>>
>>251806
The best I've found on the subject is that the M40x is TRRS, and the iPod is TRS, but that wasn't about the M40x in particular. I'm not sure what else could be causing the problem.
>>
File: qtp2tie bt 5.gif (3MB, 425x309px) Image search: [Google]
qtp2tie bt 5.gif
3MB, 425x309px
>>251806
And nevermind, I'm just a dumbass. The cable wasn't locked into the headphones.

Thanks for the help, anon, i appreciate your time spent on my stupidity.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.