[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PDF Image question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: 1482080441611.jpg (164KB, 360x543px) Image search: [Google]
1482080441611.jpg
164KB, 360x543px
Nothing important or big here but when I open a certain PDF and scroll quickly through the first 10 or so pages, a picture appears that isn't contained in the document. Nor am I on any site that is.
Explain?

*Could it be some kind of catch thing from being loaded in for a certain amount of time?
>>
>>250546
You're opening it in a browser? if so, what browser is it?

Also could you upload a screenshot?
>>
>>250550
No, on Adobe Acrobat.
I could do a video I suppose but wouldn't be able to screenshot because it "flickers" as I scroll through so it's literally microseconds.

I'm thinking it might be a clipboard issue and the guy who created it had that image in his clipboard and accidentally copied it in.
>>
>>250553
can you tell us where we can get the pdf? i'd like to check this.
>>
>>250629
It's from University work, I guess I could upload it somewhere.

Maybe the document has a base photo somewhere during the creation of it?
>>
>>250636
I'm kind of curious, I wish you would upload it.

Otherwise, do you have photoshop? You could try opening it in that to see what happens.

If not, inkscape (Open source) can import pdf files one age at at time as well.
>>
OP, have you considered you may be crazy?
>>
>>251059
I'm not crazy, showed it too someone else, they said "huh" and then moved on.

>>251053
I'll try that, I may upload it.
>>
>>251053
So I loaded into:
IE 11: Nothing seen
Edge: Nothing Seen
Foxit PDF Reader: Nothing seen.

Word: Displays briefer than in Adobe Acrobat but still appears when scrolling and loading- image never comes up though.
>>
>>250546
>a picture appears that isn't contained in the document.
Can you tell what the picture is of and can you make out any detail, or is it too fast? Is it a photo or drawing?

This mystery makes me kind of curious.
>>
>>251549
It is a photo
It's a guy, sitting on his laptop.
He is wearing a brown suit and purple lower suit and has a brown mustache.
I think he is likely to be used somewhere in the Microsoft ecosystem or a stock image.
>>
>>251555
The only thing I can think of - let's say you make a graphic in Adobe Illustrator and save it as a PDF file. If you have one graphic layer overlaying another, sometimes when you open it there's a very short delay as the upper layer appears over the background.

Maybe what happened is whoever made the PDF overlaid images over an existing unrelated image and forgot it was there.

Do you know anyone who has Illustrator? You *might* be able to open it and take the elements apart.
>>
>>251786
The guy who made it certainly (90%) has Illustrator because he's a graphic designer.
I may get to Illustrator sometime, see what I can do.
>>
>>251555
>>251804

You could try ExtractPDF.com if it's under 14 megabytes. This will give you each individual image from the file. It won't tell you where it is in the document, though.
>>
>>250546
So any luck?
>>
>>252223
>>252612
I tried that and yes it did extract the image I was seeing three times.
Why he's in there I'm not sure.

I guess he's layered underneath one of the images.
The file was created in Indesign.
>>
>>251555
>>252860
Can you post the image?
>>
File: azure2-030.jpg (39KB, 571x642px) Image search: [Google]
azure2-030.jpg
39KB, 571x642px
>>253021
Yes, sure.
>>
File: google image search azure_.jpg (149KB, 846x621px) Image search: [Google]
google image search azure_.jpg
149KB, 846x621px
>>253199
Google image search brings up a lot of Microsoft presentations.
>>
>>253325
Yeah, it's weird. Why would the guy include that in the document?
>>
File: image.jpg (799KB, 2304x1873px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
799KB, 2304x1873px
>>253199
Hey, 'member Windows Eiiight?
'Member Wedge Touch Mouuses?
>>
>>253681
Probably using an old presentation as a template and didn't bother removing it or forgot.
>>
>>253971
That seems likely.
>>
File: clooney.jpg (458KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
clooney.jpg
458KB, 2048x1365px
>>253199
I thought he looked a little like George Clooney
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.