[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need help from PC experts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: foto2 slot ram.jpg (3MB, 3920x2204px) Image search: [Google]
foto2 slot ram.jpg
3MB, 3920x2204px
Is this RAM slot still usable?

I inserted the rams in the right slots, and when i turned on the pc i saw smoke came out of this slot, where one of the rams was.
Now this it is slightly burned as you can see while the ram has 2 burned pins.

In the last thread i made here a guy told me that it was because i didn't insert it very well so the ram wasn't properly connected, leading to the production of heat and so burning these components.

I spent 120 € for the motherboard and 70 € on the RAMs, and i almost had an heart attack
when i saw the smoke. I couldn't sleep for like 3 nights, i'm really scared that i have to spend again almost 200 €, which aren't even my money but my parents money (the gaming pc was my gift for my 18 years).
>>
>>249591
Do you have 2 or 4 sticks?
If 2: use the black slots, find out.

It's not going to magically repair itself (if it indeed is broken) if you leave it alone.

You could try a RMA
>>
>>249599

2 sticks, the manual says to use the grey for 2 sticks and also black if you have 4 sticks.
I've also sent an e-mail like 2 days ago, so hopefully they will replace it
>>
>>249591
In my experience you do not have to use the grey slots specifically, just as long as you use 2 slots of the same color.
The mobo (grey slot) may also be fine. On the whole RAM breaks much more readily than most other parts.
>>
File: 1481440656547.jpg (46KB, 448x486px) Image search: [Google]
1481440656547.jpg
46KB, 448x486px
>>249591
>which aren't even my money but my parents money
>he has no buy but uses money he gets to make computer
wow lad!
>>
>>249816

Well, i'm 18, i still go to high school, of course i dont have a job. The pc like i said was a gift for my 18th birthday
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.