[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mac OS issues with wacom driver

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Photo on 1-10-17 at 12.55 AM #2.jpg (272KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 1-10-17 at 12.55 AM #2.jpg
272KB, 1280x853px
http://a.co/74U2xn3
Hello /wsr/, I recently bought a Wacom Intuous graphics/drawing tablet (link attached+pic related) which is listed as being able to run on Mac OS X 10.8.5 and above (see Amazon description; it's a listing cited from Wacom as far as I know). This just so happens to be the exact OS I am running on.
(specs: http://i.imgur.com/ehrfwzi.png)

I used the disc that came with the tablet, but with no luck. It said the driver needed me to be running OS 10.10 and up.
So I looked on their site...
(http://www.wacom.com/en-ar/support/product-support/drivers) and none of the older ones worked for me either (yes, I made sure the previously installed drivers were removed before trying others).

Now, you might think, "why don't you just upgrade your OS?", and the reason is that, if you look at the specs, I'm running an early 2008 model. This doesn't support the newest OS out on the app store, and as far as I know you can't really (safely) get Yosemite anymore.

I have another tablet, but it's honestly not very good. It still works at least, so thankfully I'm not at a complete loss if this doesn't work out.

Do I have a way around this? Or should I just return the tablet if I can?
>>
>>248835
Install Windows 7 or Windows 10 (for better driver support out of the box).
>>
>>248837
I've heard of installing a separate OS within another OS but I've only ever done things like messing with Wine (which is a good bit far from that)...

What's a good way to go about emulating, installing or using Windows for this?
>>
OP here. Wondering if using virtualbox would work?
>>
>>248835
Just find a friend with a mac, ask them to redownload the Yosemite installer from the app store, and use it to write you an install USB.

Anyone that's ever downloaded Yosemite can redownload it from their purchases.
>>
Wacom has terrible drivers in general, so just because they say it will work with something doesn't mean it actually will.

>>248842
>>248845
VirtualBox is free and works well. Bootcamp is another option if you're on a mac. But neither of these are reasonable solutions just to get a tablet working, especially if your computer isn't powerful enough to run a current version of its native OS.

>>248902
That's the best solution. The other option would be to get rid of your wacom and buy one on ebay that's the same vintage as your computer (and still has the driver disk), or better yet get a tablet that isn't a wacom.

In the future, don't expect any new product to work with your ancient computer and discontinued OS.
>>
File: 1484070669991.png (56KB, 192x288px) Image search: [Google]
1484070669991.png
56KB, 192x288px
>>248982
agreed, i have constant problems with the drivers on my intuos aswe but this i never knew they got this bad
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.