[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's wrong with my computer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: hqdefault.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
Was playing some vidya when all of a sudden my computer froze. Instead of a blue screen I got a light brown color with white lines for a few seconds, before it returned to the last still image of the game I was playing. Restarted the computer and was able to play for a few seconds before it happened again.

After about 3 times, my computer stopped booting. I would get to "Starting Windows" and then the screen would go from black to a darker black and just hang there indefinitely. I restarted again and was able to boot into safe mode just fine. This tells me it's probably a GPU problem, but I'm no expert.

I've tried reformatting the hard drive and re-installing windows. I've popped open the case and checked that everything was firmly in place. I didn't see any bulging or blown capacitors anywhere. I'm posting this from the computer in question without any video card drivers installed, using VGA instead.

These symptoms ring a bell for anyone?
>>
>>248392
Was your GPU overclocked?
>>
>>248393
Nope. Never touched any of those settings.
>>
>>248392
Maybe try to update your gpu drivers
>>
>>248400
Forgot to mention I tried that. I also tried installing much older drivers. Neither worked.
>>
>>248401
To rule out the GPU you could try installing it on a second PC.

It could also be a power supply issue. For some reason while playing Overwatch my PC would crash. I removed a 1 year old CX Corsair 750w powersupply and installed a new EVGA 950w psu. Somehow that fixed the problem, however I still have no clue what caused it. I just think Corsairs entry level PSUs are shit. Read the issue on a Overwatch forum and people reporting similar issues having fixed the problem by buying new PSUs.
>>
>>248403
Interesting, I didn't even think of the PSU.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.