[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

installing win8.1 - straight exe halp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 8.1.jpg (18KB, 590x327px) Image search: [Google]
8.1.jpg
18KB, 590x327px
I'm trying to reinstall windows 8.1, the OS that this comp came with. I don't have original discs, bios is password protected so I can't boot through disc or usb (tried forcing thru cmd, error 5) I can't mount virtual drive as installing the program requires admin privileges which I don't have as the person who set the password to hidden admin acc, is no longer in the house. I tried backdoor password recovery by attempting to rename cmd to osk and received error 5 upon attempting to do so. I remember a while back I was able to install win 7 on a different computer through an exe file, and installed while the OS was still running, and I was able to delete the old OS after restart. If anyone knows a link that could suffice my needs that would be very much appreciated. Cheers. Also if partition could be created and options given upon boot then I am forever in your debt, if this option is viable then any OS will do.
>>
To simplify; I just need an exe that can install and OS right from the desktop, without admin permissions
>>
What I already have done and therefor can assure you will work: installing linux on a pc while it still has windows installed (called dual-boot)
What I am pretty sure about (but have never tried myself) is, that as root on your linux system you will be able to delete the old windows installation.
>>
>>248132

from linux, can i install windows again?
>>
>>248133
Not without the installation files (in whatever form). My answer was based on
>then any OS will do
>>
>>248132
and is there a way I can install lets say ubuntu without an iso.
>>
will installing linux remove the bios password?
>>
>>248132
Bullshit did you.

Windows will prevent you from tampering with the bootloader unless you are administrator.
>>
>>248137
No.

Give it back, Jamal.

No fucking way did you "forget" the BIOS password and also "forget" your Windows login.
>>
>>248136
http://askubuntu.com/questions/484434/install-ubuntu-without-cd-and-usb-how
Never tried it myself, but seems possible. I'd say give it a shot.
>>
>>248142
i can't install a program because permissions won't allow.
>>248141
its not stolen... >.>
>>
>>248146
http://m.wikihow.com/wikiHowTo?search=Reset+bios+password

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000235.htm

Maybe resetting the BIOS password with one of these methods will work?
>>
>>248100
On the sign in screen hold shift and select restart, this will take you to a recovery console select reinstall op from there, I don't think you need a password from here
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.