[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /wsr/, first time poster here. I have been trying to figure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: triangle.png (5KB, 100x117px) Image search: [Google]
triangle.png
5KB, 100x117px
Hey, /wsr/, first time poster here.
I have been trying to figure out an equation.
obviously knowing (a^2)+(b^2)=(c^2), how would i find x without simply guessing and checking? Thanks.
>pic related
>>
So you know a^2 + b^2 = c^2, right?

You just have to apply that properly.

A = x
B = Square root of 2
C = (x+1)

Square them all so you'd have

x^2 + 2 = (x+1)(x+1)

After you expand the bracked, you should be able to break it down to get your x's on one side and your digits on another which gives you what x is. You follow?

And since you seem to have the ability to check, x is 0.5, right? It'd be pointless to tell you this if I was wrong kek
>>
>>248112
But isn't (x + 1) * (x + 1) = x*x + 2*x*1 + 1*1 = x^2 + 2x + 1?
>>
>>248116
Precisely.

So now you have
x2 + 2 = x2 +2x +1

Right? You follow all this without issue, right?
From that point you just work with the equation to put your x's on one side and your digits on the other. I assume you know how that works? For example
5+3=8
Can become 3=8-5
Since you take the 5 over to the other side and it becomes a minus
I'm shit at explaining this but you surely know what I mean since this is pretty basic. If you don't I can go into it further but it doesn't seem necessary
>>
>>248117
x2 obviously meaning x^2
>>
>>248116
Not him, but he says "expanding the brackets," which is what you just did.

He's also correct. x is 0.5 or 1/2.
>>
>>248112
thank you very much!
>>
>>248129
I take it you understand it then? Good to see
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.