[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help with battery replacement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled-1.png (18KB, 434x171px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
18KB, 434x171px
How long do you think it will take for my current battery to die? I always keep the power adapter plugged in because I don't really move around with it at all and keep it stationary but this message started popping up just before Christmas so I'm not sure how long I have left to replace it.

So when I eventually get the new battery do I simply take out the old one and insert the new one in or is there some complicated thing I have to do?

Heres the model of my laptop and what the battery looks like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqnL9T7lO6w

You can ask for more information if you need it.
>>
>>245335
>do I simply take out the old one and insert the new one in
That's all you do.

You can even do it while the PC is plugged in.

If you can't plug it in, you need to switch it off or hibernate it.

>I always keep the power adapter plugged in because I don't really move around with it at all and keep it stationary
You could just disable the warning: http://superuser.com/a/1013450
>>
>>245339
Ok but if the battery dies before I get the new one will I be able to boot up my laptop or will it not work until I replace it?
>>
>>245346
If you have a power adapter, it will work fine.

Obviously you won't be able to walk about with it if it has a dead battery.

If you don't have a working battery, and someone trips over the power cord, then you lose your work.

But other than that it will work fine.
>>
>>245350
Thanks for helping me anon
>>
File: 04_18_08LaptopBattery1.jpg (53KB, 570x503px) Image search: [Google]
04_18_08LaptopBattery1.jpg
53KB, 570x503px
>>245335
that message might just be some bogus crap to get you to buy a new battery. check the battery information with some tool pic like related, focus on the fully charged capacity, if its > 50% of the designed capacity, terminate that dell process and stop it from autostarting with windows
gl
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.