[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Problem with Computer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Comp.png (17KB, 696x373px) Image search: [Google]
Comp.png
17KB, 696x373px
I ordered this computer in December of 2015. I game very frequently and I had zero issues with it until around April/May of 2016.

After a certain point my computer would freeze/hang while playing certain games (CSGO on lowest settings, WoW, Rocket League). It doesn't do this for all games (I can run the Division and a heavily modded Skyrim for hours on max settings) but it happens frequently with the ones mentioned. When it freezes, my keyboard and mouse lights shut off and I have to hard reset it. Upon restart there is no error messages and sometimes my Wireless USB doesn't work properly and I have to unplug and plug it back in. When it freezes like this, the fans on the GPU and CPU don't stop and the case lights stay on. Its very inconsistent; sometimes I can go hours while playing CSGO for instance, but sometimes it freezes up 20-30 minutes into playing.

At first I thought it was a temperature issue, but I can't explain why nothing happened the first 5 months I owned the computer. My computer runs hotter while playing the Division then it does while playing CSGO, but after 20hrs of playing it there has been no issue.

I've tried doing a memtest and it came back a-okay.

I'm really lost on what the problem is and if anyone can be of assistance it would be greatly appreciated!
>>
>>245285
It could be a hard drive issue.
>>
>>245305
how so?
>>
>>245307
I'm a Help Desk Tech, and alot of our older hard drive issues start with the HDD being a Toshiba drive. Do you have a spare drive you can truobleshoot with?
>>
>>245310
>alot of our older hard drive issues start with the HDD being a Toshiba drive
There are only three hard disk manufacturers, so I'd expect at least 33% of them to "start with the HDD being a Toshiba drive"
>>
>>245312
Your point is?
>>
>>245314
The point is you can't infer anything from there being a Toshiba hard disk in there, because one in three hard disks are going to be Toshiba hard disks.

If "alot of" is less than one-in-three, then the Toshiba disk is actually making the systems more reliable.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.