[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't do anything.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: KMS.jpg (136KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
KMS.jpg
136KB, 1200x675px
Right
>was playing csgo
>black screen
>When I start the computer now I hear a knocking sound from hard drive and it boots up to pic related
>Got a new computer so now I don't need this laptop but I'm trying to install Linux on it
>IT WONT FUCKING READ THE USB IM PUTTING IN AS A BOOTABLE DEVICE
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
In >pic related I have the USB, it's loaded with korora and I'm trying to boot into it but as you can see I can't load into korora
I can't boot into BIOS.
"insert boot disk and press any key"
I do that and press key
and nothing happens
help dad
>>
It's trying to boot from lan.

Since it gets that far you should be able to get into bios somehow during boot (before screen in your pic shows up), probably f2.
>>
>I hear a knocking sound from hard drive

Your hard drive probably failed.
>>
>>244996
I can't, It doesn't show the
"TOSHIBA.. INNOVATE YOUR WORLD" Screen where you're supposed to press F2
>>
>>245002
Sound like it might have some quick boot setting on

>If you have Fast Boot enabled and you want to get into the BIOS setup. Hold down the F2 key, then power on. That will get you into the BIOS setup Utility.

Is what I found from googling toshiba quick boot, ymmv
>>
>>245007
I do not remember enabling quick boot, but I will try this anyway, Thank you Anon, right now I'm cleaning the laptop, so i'll report back in a few~!
>>
>>244993
HDD dead bruh
Also that looks like a Satellite/Pro L630/L635
Try removing the HDD and boot to USB
>>
>>245012
hdd is defo fucked lmao
It's a Satellite L755 M1-M2
>>245007
You are a god! Holding down F2 worked!!!!
>>
File: IMG_20170102_224313.jpg (648KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170102_224313.jpg
648KB, 3840x2160px
>>245007
Guys, any ideas?
>>
>>245030
This?
http://askubuntu.com/questions/67780/not-a-com32r-image-error-when-trying-to-install-from-a-usb-key

If you are trying to boot a Live USB though, that is an installation screen.
>>
>>245037
I think you mean http://askubuntu.com/questions/486602/ubuntu-14-04-lts-live-usb-boot-error-gfxboot-c32not-a-valid-com32r-image

tl;dr: your USB stick is broken because of a bug that's been in Ubuntu for years and hasn't been fixed. You need to either:

- make USB sticks from ISOs
- make USB sticks from the same version as what they're meant to install
- stick that stick in the version it's meant to install (including its own live cd) and run syslinux on it
- use the command-line interface to boot (start by hammering tab)

But in any case, OP, you're going to have to start by installing a functioning hard disk.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.