[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GBA Flashcart

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1475455212615.jpg (41KB, 377x332px) Image search: [Google]
1475455212615.jpg
41KB, 377x332px
Can somebody please educate me about GBA flashcarts? I see a lot of outdated and conflicting information. Which one's the best? Where can I download games? How can I figure out if there is a rom available for the game I want? I have a GBA and am specifically looking at Pokemon, Golden Sun, and Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones though I'll probably think of others. All my old games were damaged irreparably in a fire.
>>
>>243750
>Which one's the best?
I can't recommend sorry, only had an NDS flashcart.
>Where can I download games?
Theres a million rom sites on the net choose whichever you want. A popular old one is emuparadise.me
>How can I figure out if there is a rom available for the game I want?
Theres always roms available (and alternative dumps available) unless you're looking for some for some bootleg game or certain translations. If you really want to know if a rom exists, check advanscene.com (its a scene dumps list, its not a rom site, doesn't list newer bootlegs)
>>
Can anyone recommend a particular flashcart? Does anyone have any experience with a particular model? I've been told that the Everdrive and EZ Flash are acceptable with the Everdrive being the more luxurious and therefore expensive (nearly doubly so), but I can't seem to figure out why.
>>
>>243750
I had a $30 - $40 MiniSD to GBA Flashcart that works really well. it came with an SD adaptor that I could just plug in my laptop and copy games over. Bought it over amazon worked real nice.
>>
>>243750
>where can I download games?
Emuparadise, there's also a complete GBA collection if you spend more than 2 minutes of searching but most people don't want ALL the GBA games

>How can I figure out if there is a rom available for the game I want?
it exists. Emuparadise probably has it.

As for the flashcart, get the one with a 2GB MiniSD to GBA SP Adapter. 2GB is plentiful for GBA which on average is like 6MB per game.
>>
>>243970
>>243971
This the model you guys are talking about?
>https://www.amazon.com/EXSEK-Full-Super-Advance-Micro/dp/B01C2UTL32/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1483225232&sr=8-2&keywords=2GB+MiniSD+to+GBA+SP+Adapter
>>
>>244161
the saving function on those things looks really wonky
>>
>>244165
Saving on GBA flashcards is wonky anyway, because the games (rightly) assume they own the entire address space and can do what they like to it. Any solution with multiple games on the same GBA cartridge is necessarily going to be a hack.

Most comprehensive solution is the EZFlash 3-in-1, but that's DS/DSLite only. The GBA game you're playing and its save live on the GBA cartridge, and the DS cartridge copies both on and off at the same time from its own microSD. The original DS version, once you program it in the DS, you can actually pull it out and stick it in a GBA.
>>
>>244176
I don't have my DS anymore. The everdrives seem like they have a simpler saving option and support a rtc which is a big plus because I plan to play pokemon, but they're so expensive. Is the quality worth what I'm paying for or should I stick with these cheaper options? I'm going to uni soon and don't have a lot of cash on hand.
>>
>>244182
Why not spend the money on a phone that can play GBA games?

Then you'll also have a decent phone, and a phone that's a good PDA is easily worth 1-2% of your final grade.
>>
>>243750
Get a smartphone with controller and u are good to go. Or buy a "Revo K101 Plus Game Boy Advance System" (this how i found it on Ebay). Well playing it on the is best though. I still got my GBA, but it's battery based, so for me it's easier to play it on computer.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.