[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Police Academy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Yo! I found a Police Trainer Academy Arcade IN THE GARBAGE!

I brought it upstairs, plugged it in and everything seems to work except the picture is scrambled :(

Any CRT ninjas? Arcade nerds? Any ideas as to where to start? (Yes, I've been googling around for almost 2 months to no avail)
>>
>>243209
Looks like the board's fine, but the monitor has faulty sync.

Bad news: it's a lightgun game, so you need to have a CRT.
Good news: it could be as simple as a dodgy wire.

You can test the monitor with any home console from the '80s-'00s and a SCART lead; I recommend the original Xbox, as the AV connector and video chip is the same for all regions, so even if you're in the USA, you can softmod it and fit a SCART cable.

If you're in Europe, you can test the board with any old CRT TV and a JAMMA/SCART adapter. SCART TVs will accept arcade RGB signals just fine.
If you're in USA, sucks to be you.

If you know the board's outputting a good signal, and the wire's good, and the monitor's still not syncing, it's time to google "CRT repair FAQ", and see what it says. You can also take the monitor to any TV shop; they'll be able to work on it because it's just a big TV. If you bring them whatever you were testing it with, that'll help.

I'd recommend replacing every single electrolytic cap on the motherboard. It won't take much longer or cost much more than trying to identify the bad caps and just changing them.
>>
>>243246
Should I replace the capacitors on the game board or on the TV board?
>>
>>243262
Hi, that may not work, but caps are cheap and its worth a try.
>>
>>243262
TV board. You want to replace, at a bare minimum, the ones in the horizontal oscillator (which you can find by tracing from the sync pin).

But make sure you're feeding in a valid sync signal first. There's no point dismantling the monitor when it's just a loose or broken JAMMA wire.
>>
>>243281
Dude, thanks so much
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.