[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help unbrick phone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Could-not-do-normal-boot-error.jpg (30KB, 408x453px) Image search: [Google]
Could-not-do-normal-boot-error.jpg
30KB, 408x453px
So I have a Note 4 (SM-N910T) and It's basically bricked. I tried flashing stock rom using odin and it passed,but after, it went to recovery mode and started to "installing system update". After few minutes it rebooted and say's "could not do normal" followed by "ddi mmc_read failed".

I researched online, found that the "ddi mmc_read failed" has to do something with the flash memory being corrupted and could not be fixed.

Is my phone dead for good or is there a solution?
>>
>>239983

Someone will eventually help on xda...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4/help/help-unbrick-sm-n910t-t3523747

Guessing thats you.
>>
>>239996
Yea, it's me. I'm trying to fix as soon as possible cause I don't have another phone to use.
>>
>>239999

Something to consider: it's risky so do only after determining the proper stock tar fails even using Odin default settings. So If you continue to have the eMMC write error, the PIT can be found on Sammobile in the Note 4 PIT thread. In order to determine if flashing error or component failure, power down, pull battery for a minute or more, and first try the suggested tar with Odin defaults. If it fails with eMMC write error again, you can try to flash with repartition and PIT with "nand erase all" and stock tar loaded, all at same time. Important: Always have the right PIT loaded with repartition option checked. Don't forget the battery pull prior to download mode.
>>
>>240010
I did found the PIT file on Sammobile, but odin keeps failing trying to flash it.
>>
Just passing by, you need the proper PIT file.
I bricked my old N9000 when I wanted to root and install CMod.
I flashed the PIT file twice to get it working again. BUT you really need to find the PIT for that eMMC (16gb. vice versa) otherwise it could cause a very big problem.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.