[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Absolute must watch anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: shinji scream.jpg (107KB, 2000x1742px) Image search: [Google]
shinji scream.jpg
107KB, 2000x1742px
As someone just getting into anime, what are some absolute must watches?
>>
Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
Akira
Lupin III Castle of Cagliostro
The works of Satoshi Kon
Nichijou
Redline
Kill La Kill
Space Dandy
Ping Pong the animation
These are all normie tier starter pack anime that almost anyone can enjoy. If you want to go deeper check out stuff like Legends of the Galactic Heroes, Gun/Diebuster, or Flip Flappers
>>
What shows have you seen so far?

You should try these:
Death note (great for beginners)
Evangelion
Mushishi
Berserk (1997)
FMA: Brotherhood
Gurren Lagann
>>
>>239814
Put Jin Roh on that list too
>>
>>239814
I'd say Ghibli is the absolute starter
>>
>>239806
You should try heavens lost property
>>
>>239814
>>239816
I've seen Eva, Bebop, Nicjijou, KLK, Dandy, Ping Pong, FliFLa, Death Note, FMA and Gurren Lagann from these.
I'll check out the others, thanks.
>>
WIXOSS is reallllyyyy good
>>
I love tech anime, like Ghost in the shell, Evangelion, Dennō Coil, mobile suit gundam and my regular shows are Death Note, Naruto, One piece, Bleach, Dragonball Z, and Attack on Titan....
>>
>>239806
Mobile Suit Gundam (1979). Inventor and pinnacle of the "real robot" genre.
Cardcaptor Sakura. Pinnacle of the magical girl genre.
K-On!. Pinnacle of the slice of life/cute girls doing cute things genre.

>>239814
>Kill la Kill
"Must watches" are typically supposed to be good, Anon. You should recommend Gurren Lagann instead.
>>
>>239806
>not posting the 10/10 list
Kodomo no Jikan
Boku no Pico
Lucky Star
School Days
Sailor Moon
and let's not forget the greatest anime ever:
Cory in the House
>>
>>239942
>Kill la Kill is bad
Honestly this. The action scenes were boring, because they were so ridiculous and way over the top. If you're going to draw women being scantily-clad, they should at least look good. These girls weren't anything special, so...

If you want to see an anime series where the arrogant, and hot-headed main character doesn't know when they're outmatched, and they're constantly bested by a cool and collected superior -- watch attack on titan.
>>
Mawaru Penguindrum
>>
>>239967
I know you're being sarcastic, but all the "over the top" scenes in Kill la Kill were weak as fuck and done many times better in many other series. It tries to be the biggest baddest hot-blooded new kid on the block and it fails. Hiroyuki Imaishi, God bless him, is actually no fucking good at directing or writing. Gurren Lagann is his best and really only good work, and it's almost entirely because of Kazuki Nakashima's brilliant work writing half the fucking show.

Though this doesn't explain why Kill la Kill failed so utterly, because Nakashima was head writer on that as well, having even more influence over the script than he did with TTGL. Call it a fluke, lightning in a bottle, whatever you want. The end result is still the same: Kill la Kill is a rehash of its predecessors (mainly Gurren Lagann) that's simply worse in every way. It's a bad recommendation when the same exact show but actually good exists.
>>
>>239806
Spice and Wolf, because why the hell not.
>>
>>239942
>K-On!. Pinnacle of the slice of life/cute girls doing cute things genre.

good god no
>>
>>240130
Name one better one. You can't.
>>
What about Code Geass or Madoka?
>>
>>240565
they're ok but not even top 20
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.