[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to open this laptop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Acer_4333_98.jpg (24KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Acer_4333_98.jpg
24KB, 400x300px
It's an Acer aspire 4333, I just want to clean it inside.
I think it's like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE1yCDp9LVs

This guy makes it look easy, but do you have any recommendations? Something I should be extremely careful with besides the screws?
>>
>>239644
Make sure you have a static bracelet to ground yourself, make sure it is completely unplugged, and remove the battery as well.
>>
>>239663
>static bracelet to ground yourself
You're scaring me bruh, what if I don't have one? Touching metal would be enough?
>>
>>239748
You run the risk of a discharge of static electricity, which is guaranteed to destroy any parts you touch.
>>
>>239644
I disassembled a lot of electronic devices, I never used the bracelet and everything went always fine. However, >>239663 is right, wearing the bracelet gives you extra safety.

>Something I should be extremely careful with besides the screws?
Yeah, keep in mind that if you want to remove the heatsink you'll end up tearing off the old thermal paste, so you'll need to buy and apply a fresh one before reassembling (which is not a bad thing if the computer is old).

Also, a pro tip for the screws, take a photo of the assembled board before removing them, so you'll know exactly where to put em when reassembling.
>>
>>240182
Beware of carpets and wear something cotton as a shirt. Reduce static build up
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.