[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Manga Recommendations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: samidare.jpg (77KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
samidare.jpg
77KB, 500x353px
Greetings. I really wanna get into manga more than I am now.

Can I get some recommendations?

My favourites are Biscuit Hammer, Spirit circle, Steel Ball Run, Koe no katachi, uzumaki, Voynich Hotel,

Well I love the authors of these I am looking for someone new to try out.

Bonus for Romance but adventure and horror are welcome.
>>
>>239285
oyasumi punpun, welcome to the nhk and kakukaku shikajika
also search for manben at youtube
>>
>>239285
>Biscuit Hammer
>Spirit Circle

You might want to try Sengoku Youko, by the same author.

Murata, Junji Ito and Takehiko Inoue are some of my favorite mangakas, look into them.
>>
>>239285
Hey, Mizukami is my favorite mangaka as well. You should read his "My road to mangaka" with "Mizukami Satoshi Tanpenshuu" simultaneously. First one is basically autobiography which references many oneshots he made, and second one is his oneshot collection. It's pretty rad to read them this way.
My recommendations are complete and available in English.

1) Konjiki no Gash. It's really solid shounen manga with strong characters and magic system. The setting is modern world, with MC being Japanese highschooler who encountered Gash, demon child from demon world (duh).

2) Doubutsu no Kuni. It's from the same author as Gash, but it's completely different. I think you'll like this one more. The setting is the wild land. MC was abandoned as an infant and raised by animals.
If you read and like any of these two above, I recommend you reading other one as well.

3) Sumire 16-sai. It's kind of silly comedy manga with school life setting. I recommend you at least checking it out, it's really good. I teared up during the ending, it was really well made.

4) Muhyo to Rouji. This one is pretty obscure. It was released in English officially, but you can find scans in Madokami. The setting is modern world. Main characters are exorcists who take requests on exorcising the evil spirits. I really enjoy the magic system. Main characters basically summon demons to take evil spirits back to Hell. The art is one of my favorites and I love how evil spirits/demons are designed.

5) Sekai Oni. Oh boy. No words needed here. It's a really weird manga.

These are all shounen manga, and the last two have horror elements. All of them have romance, but not as the main theme, and possibly not with main characters.
>>
http://animu-mango.wikia.com/wiki/Manga_Recommendations
>>
>>239285
Ok Anon Love Samidere and Loved Koe no Katachi, this is a quick list of the manga that i like to reecomend:

First of I need to at least give you My favourite Dark, Psychological Seinen manga:

ICHI THE KILLER
ICHI (YAMAMOTO HIDEO)
FREESIA
GANTZ
OYASUMI PUNPUN
HOLYLAND
SUICIDE ISLAND
ONANI MASTER KUROSAWA
DRAGON HEAD
HOMUNCULUS
CHAOS;HEAD
PUPA
I AM A HERO
LOST+BRAIN
ELFEN LIED
BITTER VIRGIN
KISEIJUU
APOCALYPSE NO TORIDE
SHINIGAMI-SAMA NI SAIGO NO ONEGAI O
AKU NO HANA
Blame!
MAHOU SHOUJO SITE
MAHOU SHOUJO OF THE END
AJIN
ANA SATSUJIN

Now for everything else :

KOHARU NO HIBI
SAITAMA CHAINSAW SHOUJO
MIRAI NIKKI
MIRAI NIKKI REDIAL
GOLDEN BOY
GEKKOH
DearS
ANGEL DENSETSU
KYOU KARA ORE WA (I LOVE THIS MANGA!
SUKIMASUKI
KOI KAZE
ONIICHAN CONTROL
DANSHI KOUKOUSEI NO NICHIJOU
NICHIJOU
DEAD DAYS
RENAI BOUKUN
SHINSHI NA MEETS GIRL
RE:BIRTH - THE LUNATIC TAKER
AKIKAN!
HAPPY WORLD!
CHOKOTTO SISTER
AKARUI SEKAI KEIKAKU
UNBALANCE X UNBALANCE
CHOKU!
SISTERISM (
MEDAKA BOX
SENYUU
BATTLE ROYALE
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
Nagato Yuki-chan
>>
>>239285
Read the rest of Jojo
Berserk is great, though a bit dark
If you've read SBR or Junji Ito's stuff you will probably enjoy it
>>
Thanks guys for helping out. This should last me a while.

Lastly, do you guys know of any manga with an aestetic style that you'd desrcibe as "Groovy" like Jetset Radio type of groovy.

>>239344
What is manben?

>>239381
I read through one of the short story collections with a girl whose boyfriend becomes a frog and an assassin tells a story as he dies. Is this the one you're talking about?

>>239383
Read through most of this stuff already. I'm more into obscure, under rated gems.

>>239402
Super long list. I know some of these have been adapted to movies and anime, would you advise checking those out as well?

>>239406
'd read Berserk but Berserk has just been so spoiled for me, I would read . And I read the whole of Jojo in order but Steel Ball Run is just on another level compared to the other parts (in my opinion)
>>
>>239446
>Super long list. I know some of these have been adapted to movies and anime, would you advise checking those out as well?

Its Hit and Miss really, I watched the I am a Hero movie the other day and would say it is an amazing movie (sticks to the manga very well) which is a supprise since apart from Ichi the Killer the other Live actions have been disappointing (Gantz inparticular).

The Aku no Hana Anime is a massive disapointment, as is the last Arc of Gantz. The anime for Hellsing (Hellsing Ultimate) is AMAZING and should be watched Dubbed as intened. Mirai Nikki, Nichijou, Kyou Kara Ore Wa! OVA's are well worth a watch. Medaka Box is also a good anime, aswell as Nagato Yuki-chan, Akikan anime changes from the manga (goes past the material for the manga).

Elfen Lied anime is most certinly worth a watch.

Thier are alot more - Just check out Death Toll scans.
>>
>>239446
>What is manben?
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4nnj2k

Watch everything else there.
>>
>>239285
Yu Yu Hakusho is a good one.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.