[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Surround sound for a LG tv, help!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (17KB, 200x118px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 200x118px
Model type "50LF6000 UB"

I'm an idiot at this stuff and was curious if you could connect one to this tv?

I was also curious, what you guys would recommend, either a stereo or a surround sound system? For a bedroom.
>>
File: image.jpg (245KB, 750x962px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
245KB, 750x962px
>>238572
Only thing I could find for it.
>>
>>238572
Looks like it downmixes to Dolby Digital, meaning you can get any old 5.1 and hook it up with a TOSLINK and get 5.1 out of it.

TVs that don't do that, you need to put an HDMI amp inline to grab the HDMI audio, or dangle one off the HDMI Audio Return Channel port. (You'll still have to do all that shit if you want 7.1, because 7.1 needs HDMI).

>>238572
>what you guys would recommend, either a stereo or a surround sound system? For a bedroom
Small, Good, Cheap. Pick two.

If space is not an issue, a separate receiver, a pair of floorstanders, a center, and some bookcases for the rear. It doesn't really matter what make, because it's hard to fuck up big-ass speakers.

If space is an issue, then you can ditch the rears, use bookcases at the front, and maybe a soundbar instead of a center. But it won't sound as good.

Or you can get a boxed set of tiny speakers, and it'll sound crap, unless you spend thousands of dollars on it, in which case it can sound just as good as separates.
>>
>>238579
>>238572
S/PDIF / TOSLINK is one-way, so if you want to use the external speakers only, you need to go into the menus and tell the TV you connected a TOSLINK, because it has no way to find out without you telling it.
>>
>>238579
Oh alright I'll probably lean towards the hdmi one....since I'm trying to buy something new. Thanks btw man you were very helpful.

I was thinking a soundbar if I can find one, that will connect to the damn tv.
>>
>>238648
Careful, I see no mention that your TV supports ARC, without which you can't export audio generated inside the TV (for instance if you're watching TV on the TV), and can't switch audio device by switching input on the TV.

If your TV can't do Audio Return Channel, it would be a very bad idea to get an HDMI-only amp. If your TV doesn't have ARC, TOSLINK would be a much better solution than HDMI.
>>
>>238664
Oh alright, like I said I don't know about these things at all. What model/brand would you reccomend then ? I know it has the optical port for sure.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.