[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to get rid of a hacker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: angry_pepe.jpg (40KB, 900x900px)
angry_pepe.jpg
40KB, 900x900px
I have the suspicion that my neighbour is hacking me.

How do i get rid of him?
>>
File: 1481487782289.jpg (72KB, 531x471px) Image search: [Google]
1481487782289.jpg
72KB, 531x471px
>>236286
selfbump
>pic related
>>
>>236286
selfbump
>>
You'll have to provide more details, "hacking" with no context doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>236300
i believe he is monitoring my screen.
I dont have any other details than that.
>>
>>236311
you are either paranoid or have zero security on your network

are you using an ethernet cable or do you have a router?
>>
>>236316
router
i am using avira antivir
and i dont think i am paranoid since i have recordings of my neighbour talking about things he could only know if he had acces to my screen
>>
>>236319
>i have recordings
top kek, now that's paranoid

but in any event, i'm no expert on netsec, so if no one here is, you could try /sqt/ on /g/
>>
>>236319
>and i dont think i am paranoid since i have recordings of my neighbour talking

Holy shit. How is that not paranoid?
>>
>>236322
>>236321
we have thin walls and i can hear some parts of what he is saying pretty clearly, since he is living right above me.
Its really hard to ignore, otherwise i would not have given a shit.
>>
>>236286
Your neighbor is not hacking you. You are just being paranoid. Anything you may have heard me say through our thin walls was just your imagination. Just go about your day normally and ignore your neighbor.
>>
File: 1481187415034.jpg (56KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1481187415034.jpg
56KB, 250x250px
>>236333
>me
you aint scaring anyone, fuck off bitch
>>
>>236286
What you didn't think I'd follow you in here, every response is me, I own your desktop your I own every file on your computer, I own you, but now I know you record me..........
>>
File: 1466260761407.jpg (343KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1466260761407.jpg
343KB, 1024x768px
Pic related
>>
>>236340
faggot prove it
>protip: you cant
>>
Hey, either you believe you're being hacked and that your computer is being monitored, or you don't. Pick one.
>>
>>236323
>we have thin walls and i can hear some parts of what he is saying pretty clearly
those thin walls let him hear what animes you masturbate to as well. just be a little quieter and he'll stop talking about you.
>>
>>236286
Set CP as your desktop background. That should scare him off :^)
>>
>>236319
To have access to your screen, he would have some kind of connection like VNC or RDP, this is possible, but he would have to get you to install/activate on your end. So he must have either coerced you to run malicious code by phishing of some sort or gained access to your wifi and use a MitM attack.
Fortunately for you, you can scan your ip with something like nmap from a different pc while you run your regular pc. Any odd port numbers could indicate a program listening for connections to send your screen.

Other ways could include hacking you via some sort of zero day, but this seems unlikely. And instead of a vnc/rdp type program where he can follow your actions live, it could also just be sending periodical screenshots.

If any of this is the case, I recommend a full system wipe and settting a new wifi password. WPA2 AES without wps enabled. That should take way too much effort to crack/hack.
>>
>>236319
Also, you might just be insane.
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 355x301px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 355x301px
>>236600
>Fortunately for you, you can scan your ip with something like nmap from a different pc while you run your regular pc.
In modern (i.e. post-1997) Ethernet, unless said different pc is actually along the route the packets are taking, it will never see them.

Modern Ethernet "hubs" are actually switches, and switches only send packets to the ports they need to go.

If you want to MITM a host, your scanner actually has to be ITM, i.e. on the router.
>>
>>236603
(similarly, WPA uses different session keys for each supplicant, so (although it is possible to derive another host's session key if you capture the handshake and know the PSK) you can capture another host's unicast traffic, but you won't be able to decrypt it).
>>
Set up a live camera right on his bed room and when you think he is watching you pull up that live video of the camera.
>>
>>236603
The nmap was only intended to figure out which ports are listening on the pc, no MITM required,

But if the attacker has access to the router (cracked wifi) a MITM is a cinch and only needed for initially infecting OPs pc.
>>
>>236609
You can't assume anything about your adversary.

If he has any sense, his backdoor will accept connections from routable subnets (the whole entire internet) and not from non-routable subnets (192.168.*.*, et. al., OP's LAN, the one place he'll never ever need remote access from).

Or just use UDP, which doesn't even have the concept of "open ports".

It's not safe to assume he's not done this.

Similarly, if an adversary is getting in from outside, he's creating a connection through a router that should be blocking said, so it's not safe to assume the router isn't compromised.
>>
>>236333
t. op's neighbor
>>
>>236319
Post recordings
>>
>>236618
this. we need more info OP
>>
>>236590
Hey good idea, you should link him some.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.