[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Windows 10 reinstall

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

As shitty as my laptop is now, it's infested with a bunch of bitcoin miners and stuff. Needless to say, works like a toaster. I want to CLEAN reinstall my windows 10 without loosing my activation (so that it's genuine). Will it really identify my specs even if I reinstall the OS? If so what's the safest way?
>>
Professional /g/uy here.

Install Gentoo.
>>
>>236283
B-but muh gayms...
>>
>>236277
Yes it will.

So long as you install an edition your computer actually has a license for, it will activate automatically using a key stored in your BIOS.

On a clean computer, use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to write an install USB, then boot off it and press "next" until you see the desktop.

It will then download any missing drivers for you, because it's good like that.
>>
>>236305
Thank you, anon.
>>
>>236277
Sign out, hold shift and press restart, once in recovery console navigate to fresh install, uses code already installed with
>>
>>236362
Also it retains any rootkit you already had installed, so you don't have to worry about reconnecting to your old botnet.
>>
>>236389
Oh your one of those people, I see
>>
>>236391
No, whoosh.

If you use the bootloader and recovery partition on a compromised PC to reinstall a compromised PC, you'll end up with a compromised PC.

IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE A VIRUS, REINSTALL OFF CLEAN MEDIA.
>>
>>236553
>it will activate automatically using a key stored in your BIOS
my problem is that thats a very assuming quote almost telling him it will have a bios key, you dont know this for sure, its most probably a upgrade from him saying "as shitty as my laptop is" i mean i dont know, more questions needed asking before you go tell someone to do something with a arrogance and a assurity of it working

i cant even write or remember how to spell things im going to bed
>>
>>236646
Sure I do.

He's reinstalling Windows 10, and that's the only way Windows 10 is shipped. You should maybe try it yourself so you can speak from experience instead of ignorance and speculation.
>>
>>236646
>its most probably a upgrade
In which case it activates by digital entitlement, which is technically different, but not in any way that actually matters.

You still just press "next, next, next, next, I don't have a product key, next, next, next", and when you see the desktop and press ctrl-break, it says "windows is activated by digital entitlement" instead of "windows is activated by embedded product key".
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.