[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some anime you can recommend that defy expectations?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (388KB, 1730x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
388KB, 1730x1000px
What are some anime you can recommend that defy expectations?

I've already seen shows like Madoka, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, and many others just to give you guys an idea.
>>
Mawaru Penguindrum.
>>
serial experiments lain, steins;gate, Boku dake ga Inai Machi
>>
>>235767
I'll never understand why people like gurren lagann or think it's special
>>
Wixoss
Yuuki Yuuna
Shadow Star Narutaru
Now and then, Here and There
Bokurano
Gakkou Gurashi
Re: Zero Kara Hajimaru Isekai Seikatsu
>>
>>235778
didnĀ“t watch it yet, is it bad?

also: KATMAN 360
>>
>>235793
See it and judge it for yourself man
>>
>>235793
Definitely not bad, I freaking love it
>>
>>235793
It's not bad. Some people find it amazing, and other people finds okay-ish. You should watch, as anon pointed out.
>>
>>235795
DID YOU JUST ASSUME MY GENDER???!!??!!11!!??
>>
>>235767
The melancholy of Haruhu Sazumya
Azumanga Dioh
Excel Saga
Ghost in the Shell
Durarara!!
Pokemon
Card capture Sakura

And Death Clock, because fuck you thats why
>>
>>235767
the Higurashi Series
Blood-C
Level E
School Days (though I would say that it's a terrible anime)
>>
>>235778
The concept was already done in Getter Robo and other super robot shows, but Gurren Lagann was supposed to be the ultimate execution and conclusion of those ideas, and it worked. That's why it's special.
>>
>>235767
Mobile Suit Gundam defied a lot of genre expectations when it came out in 1979 and is definitely worth watching. There are other Gundams but this is the best one.

If you watch Gundam 0079 and it strikes your fancy, Gundam 0080 will defy your expectations of what a Gundam show is about, and is almost as good as the original. It's best watched after watching all the other Gundams that came before it, but you would also do fine after just seeing 0079.

Ping Pong might defy your expectations in terms of animation or art style. It's really nothing Masaaki Yuasa hadn't already done before, but it's a good entry point to his style I think, and a good show all-around.

I wouldn't call Log Horizon totally out there, but it defies a few expectations about the "trapped in an MMO" subgenre. A lot of politics and working towards created a habitable world for players.

Gugure! Kokkuri-san defies some anime comedy tropes, often going for understated or subtle punchlines instead of big overreactions from characters (not that I necessarily have a problem with those, but a change of pace is nice).

The Rebuilds of Evangelion will defy more and more of your expectations about Evangelion the more you watch them. They are very divisive though, and you may end up totally hating them.

If you liked Madoka you should watch Princess Tutu.

If you liked Gurren Lagann you should watch some Getter Robo stuff. Shin Getter Robo is a good self-contained entry-level point. Shin Mazinger Shougeki! Z-hen is also a good option from a different franchise.

K-On!! will defy your expectation of what a "cute girls doing cute things" show is capable of in terms of emotional depth, if you go into it with an open mind.

And finally I can't really think of what expectation FLCL would defy but you should watch it anyway if you liked Eva and Gurren Lagann.
>>
>>235767
Shirobako
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.