[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hardware question.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: kiwikiwi.jpg (27KB, 656x509px)
kiwikiwi.jpg
27KB, 656x509px
Hello. I want to create a complete bootable-from-usb image of my notebook system (~11 gb) with Win 10 on it, but the regular Windows 10 image backup just gives me "this drive is not a valid backup location" to all my thumbsticks, even if they are all formatted to NTFS and have more than enough capacity.

What do? Is there any good free tools to backup my system? (please don't suggest Linux live USB - it refuses to run on the notebook, due to incompatible hardware or something like that)
>>
linux
>>
>>235604
Windows doesn't have any USB boot utilities by default. there are some third party pieces of software that will do an easy install for you. could also do it through command prompt on windows boot with a little know-how.

You can get one working, but a lot of utilities will require drivers to be downloaded based off of the mobo that you plugin to, ETC ETC.

this is a pretty easy guide to get you started if you still want to do it. Just keep in mind it won't be as convenient as you think.

http://lifehacker.com/how-to-run-a-portable-version-of-windows-from-a-usb-dri-1565509124
>>
>>235604
Compress your image as .wim and use windows pe or something similar to boot and extract the os image. The Windows PE version could be an earlier one afaik.
>>
>>236071
Windows 7+ Ultimate/Windows 10 Pro will boot directly from WIMs.

This includes WIMs made by Windows Backup, though obviously they're not much of a backup if you mount and use them.
>>
File: 1466297487126.jpg (47KB, 580x346px) Image search: [Google]
1466297487126.jpg
47KB, 580x346px
>>235798
this.
windows=cancer

also what notebook do u have that doesn't run linux?
>>
>>236626
also what notebook do u have that doesn't run dos?
also what notebook do u have that doesn't run CP/M?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.