[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help installing a GPU

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (321KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
321KB, 1920x1080px
I was upgrading from a Radeon 7850 to an Asus Strix 1060. Everything was going well, everything is plugged in properly, but when I boot up my PC, it's stuck on the bios screen where below, it says del-bios setup/flash, f9 system information, f12 boot menu, etc. none of my keys do anything though.

My PC is also making a beep once every 30 seconds or so.

My motherboard is a gigabyte ga-b75m-d3v. The GPU lights are on so it's functional, but what now?
>>
You sure you plugged the 8pin 12v rail to the GPU?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>228288
You tell me
>>
>>228298
The 6-pin part seems to be slightly misaligned. At any rate, I realized it was a stupid suggestion because you would have a black screen. I also meant VGA, not GPU (I'm a retard this night).

http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/amibeep.htm
1 short beep usually means memory problems. Try with 1 single memory stick in the different slots, then install the remaining ones if you have them.
Try clearing CMOS, removing the battery for a short while and try again.
If everything fails, you'll have to go over everything. Only leave CPU, cooler and VGA plugged in. Check all the connections. If it boots and you have access to the BIOS, try installing your hardrives and other peripherals.

Unless your PSU is a generic one or it's barely above the minimum requirement, you should be fine.
>>
>>228307
I actually just had to update my bios in the end. Thanks for the help anyway.
>>
>>228307
>I realized it was a stupid suggestion because you would have a black screen
This is not true.

If you don't supply enough power, GPUs still boot to the BIOS, they just can't enter full-featured mode when the driver tells them to.
>>
>>228359
OP here, I actually bought a new PSU to go with my new graphics card. Something told me the Thermaltake Toughpower 650W Gold wasn't causing the problem.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.