[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the anime you would rate the highest and why? Whether

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 1480233235744_0.jpg (14KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
1480233235744_0.jpg
14KB, 236x236px
What is the anime you would rate the highest and why?

Whether entirely objective or subjective, I want to compile a list of good content that's worth my time.

This is isn't limited to anime; manga, LN'S, or VN'S are welcome as well.

If you don't care to write out your list, at least recommend a good source for reviews (if there really is one).
>>
You're better off just watching stuff you think looks interesting and developing your own sense of taste. If nothing looks interesting to you then why are you wasting your time with anime? Get a hobby you actually enjoy.

If you want some specific recommendations I'd be happy to help. Just tell me what genres you like and any other information you feel would help find stuff you're interested in.
>>
File: Akutabe_WTF.jpg (209KB, 689x636px) Image search: [Google]
Akutabe_WTF.jpg
209KB, 689x636px
Yondemasu-yo Azazel-san.

it has humor, it has a serious side, at one point Rinko is partly transformed into a cow-girl, Akutabe is The Dude, and the version i downloaded was subtitled by a /b/tard. excellent translation with useful footnotes, but.. heavy on the swearing.
>>
>>228264
I enjoy stories that maintain an engaging pace but can still have great detail. Genre-wise: I tend to like Psychological Thrillers, romance (either as the main plot or as a subplot), action, social commentary or metaphor.
>>
File: Azazels_Dream.jpg (182KB, 1280x717px) Image search: [Google]
Azazels_Dream.jpg
182KB, 1280x717px
>>228265
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yondemasuyo,_Azazel-san
>>
Here are the ones with a '+' in my list, which means I thought they were better than average after watching them.

Evangelion (1995)
Azumanga Daioh (2002)
CardCaptor Sakura (1998)
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (2006)
Genshiken (2004)
Genshiken 2 (2007)
Initial D 1st season (1998)
Kemonozume (2006)
Shakugan no Shana (2005)
Soul Eater (2009)
Nichijou (2011)
To Heart (1999)
Initial D second season (1999)
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (2006)
Lucky Star (2007)
Girls und Panzer (2012)
Hyouka (2012)
Nazo no Kanojo X (2012)
The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan (2015)
Kyoukai no Kanata (2013)
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 (2009)
>>
>>228266
I think you'll probably enjoy at least some of the following:

Serial Experiments Lain
Kino no Tabi
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya*
Psycho Pass
Death Note
Toradora
Paranoia Agent
Neon Genesis Evangelion*

I could go on, but it's probably best to start with a more manageable number. The anime marked with * are landmark series, extremely popular and influential. Eva especially so. I marked those out since you do seem conscious of watching what are considered classics, so keep in mind those series are highly regarded in pretty much all anime communities.
>>
>>228270
Toradora was nice, I'll look into it.
>>
File: 20centuryboys1-1.jpg (81KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
20centuryboys1-1.jpg
81KB, 1024x768px
I rate both Monster and 20th century boys with the highest regards. both are written by Naoki Urasawa and deal with issues of humanity.
>>
>>228262
I rate FLCL a perfect 10. I could gush about it forever but I'll just say it's a powerful coming of age story with complex characters, painted over with a veneer of hyperactive nonsense.
>>
Gundam War in the Pocket is pretty much objectively perfect
>>
No one has said Jojo's Bizarre Adventure yet, which is criminal. It is probably my favorite series, the whole thing is great but it really gets absolutely incredible starting at the second half of part 3, and almost all of part 4.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.