[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Games for crap computers.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Looking for any good fun games that have low requirements of a computer. I have 2 computers meow. One is a real piece of crap... the other is a Chromebook... so it can run html or flash games but not .exe games.

Preferably games with strategy and management.
>>
Off the top of my head:
-Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension
-Older Heroes of Might and Magic games
-Epic Manager (Maybe. Can run on xp but needs dual-core and 4gb ram)

These are all on steam besides the older Might and Magic games. Dominions 4 is a 4x lovers wet-dream and can run on a toaster.

It'd probably help if you posted your pc specs and maybe a bit about what type of strategy/management games you're looking for and specifically posted some games of the genre you've enjoyed in the past. Do you like simulation? 4x? Do you mind anime art or prefer western style?
>>
>>223732
Thanks. This computer sucks so hard it might not even be able to run those. AMD Athlon 64 processor. 2 GB ram.
>>
>>223724
starcraft
faster than light
>>
>>223734
Install an emulator.
I guess even your pc will manage to run an NES or SNES emulator. Of course the graphics are outdated but there are still some really great games like Earthbound, Breath of Fire or of course Mario/Zelda.
>>
>>223739
yah... maybe... gameboy advanced would work too.
>>
You could also check the strategy game section on Abandonware sites, if you're bored.
>>
>>223734
You should be able to run Dominions 4. If you're into 4x games I highly recommend it.

These are both the minimum and recommended requirements:
Processor: 1 GHz
Memory: 1024 MB RAM
Storage: 500 MB available space

And these are the specs for Heroes of Might and Magic 3(my personal fav of the old ones):
Windows XP or Windows Vista, 1 GHz Processor (1.4 GHz recommended), 256MB RAM (512 recommended), 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 7 (compatible with DirectX 9 recommended)

Besides that I'd also recommend SNES and GBA emulators. If you're into Japanese games, this is a site I love that does fan translations for old SNES/GB/GBA games.

https://agtp.romhack.net
>>
>>223758
>https://agtp.romhack.net
that's very cool.

thanks!
>>
File: tumblr_mt685qJ7Wk1reyhv9o1_500.jpg (188KB, 500x740px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mt685qJ7Wk1reyhv9o1_500.jpg
188KB, 500x740px
Dwarf Fortress:
A free game where you have to manage your dwarf society. Quite complex and with ASCII graphics (unless you mod it).

Fightcade:
A platform that extends an emulator with online functionality to play old figthing games such as SF2, SF3, KoF '98... FGs have strategy and technically some resource management so I guess they could work.

>>223749
This is also a really good idea.
>>
>>223724

Depends on your definition of "fun", but Red Alert 2 should run nicely with an athlon 64
>>
I used to have a blast with Age of Empires 2 and Starcraft. Since you also have another computer you could play in LAN with somebody
>>
>>223989

Dwarf fartress is for fucktards.
>>
>>223724
Dungeon Rats is pretty fun, but it's pretty difficult
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.