[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"A disk read error occured"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 20161030_220837.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161030_220837.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Im trying to install windows on my 2.5" drive for my laptop using my desktop but when I try to boot the disk I get the error.
Swapped the SATA cables from my 3" drive but no succes
What do? Its p urgent as in I have 30 minutes left
Also windows already is on the drive, I just cant boot it. Also I can acces the drive on my windows on my 3" drive and browse it n shit

Pic is my 3" and 2.5" drive
>>
>>223528
what, why not install on laptop, cant you flatten the drive first, might need a chkdsk running to check for errors, ive had this problem from a scratched dvd frustrated me for hours and i writ a new disk off, installing on pc for latop what
>>
The shit laptop wont go in bios or whatever. Also whats chkdsk?
>>
>>223535
find out what drive letter it is in your pc
open command prompt with admin privileges
type chkdsk /f /r c: c = your drive letter
wait for frikkin ages
wouldnt unallocating the drive be easier
i am not sure this will work, ive never tried installing from pc and putting in a laptop, i suppose before drivers are installed it is pretty universal
>>
>>223536
also why wont it go into bios
have you checked your model out online some have a advanced way of going into bios, i had a samsung that made me do some funny stuff to get into the bios
>>
>>223537
Doing chkdsk E: /r or something and its doing shit
Also no clue why it wont go there. Apperently gotta press F2 at the lightning fast logo (I spam it F2 tough) but it gives me "No bootable disk" with the disk in it and without it.
>>
>>223539
After doing this check drive in laptop before reinstalling this may of also fixed the original problem
>>
>eta 1hr 30 mins
>needed to be done 20 mins ago
Haha rip my grades and rip me
>>
>>223528
You can't install windows *for* one machine *on* another machine.

Windows setup installs the storage controller drivers for the machine you're installing it on; if you then pull that out and put it in another machine, it's going to have the wrong storage controller configuration, and it's not going to work.

If you're determined to do it this stupid way, your best bet is to install Windows fully, to the point where you can log in and do stuff, then run
>bcdedit /set {current} safeboot minimal
swap the disk to the laptop, and in the highly unlikely event it actually boots, run
>bcdedit /deletevalue {current} safeboot
>>
>>223557
Another thing you can try is pulling the disk just after "copying files", when Windows wants to reboot for the first time.

I still think you're a retard though.
>>
>>223539
>it gives me "No bootable disk" with the disk in it and without it.
I bet you're trying to install Windows 7, because memedows botnet derp.

If you want to boot 7 on a modern computer, you need to use a physical DVD of the x64 version, and turn Secure Boot off.
>>
Chkdsk didnt work
Wat do?
>>
>>223882
Of course it didn't, because a defective disk wasn't the problem. Do one of >>223557, >>223568, or >>223569.
>>
>>223886
Well the thing is I cant get any sort of setup, motherboard menu bios shit working on the laptop. Tried with another disk from my sister wich has windows installed but I get a loud as fuck beeb holding F2 trying to get into setup.
(also I cant use that windows because muh sisters files and the OS is so full of shit and viruses its slower than my grandmother)
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.