[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Windows 10 64% Loop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
So I decided to reset my HP laptop to factory settings and I got the bug where when installing Windows 10 it keeps restarting and for a second it shows 64%. I googled and most of the shit didn't help. I really need help right now
>>
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

If it still does not work, you're going to need another computer and an empty USB stick with at least 8GB space
>>
>>223330
64% is "Windows just got installed, and is trying to boot for the first time".

If it fails at this stage, there's not a lot of scope for being talked through fixing it.

If you're installing off the recovery partition, you might try making sure the BIOS settings, particularly the SATA controller settings, are at their defaults. You might also try disabling unnecessary hardware in the BIOS, and reenabling it once Windows is booted and updated. Wifi, in particular, has some dreadful drivers.

You might be better off using the Media Creation Tool to make a USB of the most recent Windows 10 installer, which is likely to be less buggy than whatever your PC shipped with.
>>
>>223330

It's been a while but when I had a similar problem of it just hanging, not dure if it was at 64% though, it was due to no wired Ethernet connection. Once I retried with a wired connection it worked perfectly.
>>
>>223407
Yeah, I'll try turning it off again. I have these USB.

>>223413
Nah, I did a complete reset and the other computer I have is a Mac, would the Media Creation Tool still work?

>>223418
I'm downloading it from a laptop that came with Windows 10 and I decided to reset to factory settings, so would this still work?
>>
>>223437
>the other computer I have is a Mac, would the Media Creation Tool still work?
No.

But it does direct you to a page where you can download a generic ISO, and then you can write it to media yourself.
>>
>>223446
Any tutorials on YouTube on how to write it to media so I don't fuck up?
>>
>>223450
DVD:
http://osxdaily.com/2015/11/22/burn-disc-images-os-x-finder/

USB:
http://osxdaily.com/2015/06/05/copy-iso-to-usb-drive-mac-os-x-command/

Note that this will completely overwrite whatever media you write the ISO to.
>>
>>223437

>I'm downloading it from a laptop that came with Windows 10 and I decided to reset to factory settings, so would this still work?

There is a point where the install process checks for updated files and drivers, but if it hasn't loaded the wifi drivers yet then it can't connect to the internet. Supplying a wired connection resolves this issue.

Again, I can't fully remember if mine got stuck at 64% or at another point, but connecting an Ethernet cable certainly won't harm the process, so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain, potentially.

Try this before you try using a USB stick with an iso on it. If it fails you've only lost time, if it works ... problem solved.
>>
>>223456
How long did it take when you used the cable?
>>
>>223455
When I use the Mac terminal to do the command to unmount it doesn't work
>>
>>223464

I seriously can't remember, we're talking last year sometime.

If you press me I'd say 40-45 minutes, but don't quote me on that. I remember that the progress does halt for a while and it looks like it's stalled but then it would start up again. There's very little feedback during the process, it gets a little annoying .. as I'm sure you are aware.
>>
>>223472
Alright so I'll wait it out and sees what happen. Thanks

>>223455
Thanks to you too
>>
>>223471
>http://osxdaily.com/2015/06/05/copy-iso-to-usb-drive-mac-os-x-command/
You only need to unmount it if it's actually mounted.

If you're having trouble at this stage, it might be a better idea to write it to a DVD using finder, as dd will quite happily write 5GB over anything you tell it to.
>>
>>223478
I'm going to try that now, since the other methods didn't work
>>
>>223542

>since the other methods didn't work

Sorry to hear that :(
>>
>>223552
It's cool bro, actually I believe it's fixed now from something else I did. But thanks still.
>>
>>223572

What was the fault? In case someone else asks for help on the same problem.
>>
>>223575
Well, all I had to do was press f11 while booting up then go to troubleshoot and restore. I'm still restoring right now though
>>
>>223618

Cool. Let's hope this gives you back your laptop.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.