[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Powerline TP-Link

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: TPTP01.png (65KB, 666x479px) Image search: [Google]
TPTP01.png
65KB, 666x479px
Hey folks, I've a problem with the "Powerline Utility" from this device ( PA8010P ). I don't know what means that "Priority Using" from the advanced options, manual doesn't explain it. ( I only have 80 MB from 300 MB and I thought that this maybe is related )
>>
>>223325
Unless you're running VLANs (you're not), or manually tagging packets in your firewalls or clients (you're not) you don't need to worry about it.
>>
>>223364
Thx anon!

I'll try to find the MB loss on another place then.
>>
>>223570
An obvious place to start would be your network card and network cable.

80 megabit is low for gigabit Ethernet, but entirely reasonable for 100megabit Ethernet.

A quality NIC with jumbo frame offloading (say a nice PCIe one by Intel) is going to talk to your powerline adapter a lot faster than a cheapo one by realtek or killer.
>>
File: TPL1.png (66KB, 665x483px) Image search: [Google]
TPL1.png
66KB, 665x483px
>>223613
I've a Z170-A Motherboard, that includes:

LAN: " IntelĀ® I219V, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s), Dual interconnect between the Integrated Media Access Controller (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY)
Gigabit IntelĀ® LAN Connection- 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) appliance
ASUS Turbo LAN Utility
ASUS LAN Guard"

(copypasted from web description of the Motherboard)

Should I buy a NIC instead of using the one that my Motherboard includes?

IMG related, the one with 200+ MB is conected to the router, and the other one with "N/A" is the one conected to the PC.
>>
>>223825
>>223825
>Should I buy a NIC instead of using the one that my Motherboard includes?
No. Unusually, your motherboard has a very good NIC already on it.

Asus Turbo LAN looks dodgy to me, but that could just be prejudice.

What are you getting 80Mbps to? Your router? Other PCs on the other side of the powerline?
>>
>>223829
From one of the "powerlines". I've one conected to router, and another one conected to PC, I was conected via wifi, but only had 10-20 MB/s and can't even see the signal of 5G ( my walls must be painted with 10-15 lead layers )
>>
>>223846
Just did another test, again 80 MB/s download speed on PC ( 100+ at upload ).
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.