[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im looking for an anime that you, anon, love for personal reasons...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10

File: GIF-Anime-Girl.gif (6MB, 350x510px) Image search: [Google]
GIF-Anime-Girl.gif
6MB, 350x510px
Im looking for an anime that you, anon, love for personal reasons...
>>
File: 1479391221475.jpg (499KB, 1929x2384px) Image search: [Google]
1479391221475.jpg
499KB, 1929x2384px
Flip Flappers is a work of art. It's one of the finest anime I've seen this year. The story is simple but the symbolism and visual flair is multilayered and wonderful. It just hits all the right notes and makes me eagerly anticipate each episode. If you could watch it too that would be great, because this underappreciated anime needs all the views it can get.
>>
>>222522
faggot
>>
>>222523
I could just say "watch this anime" but OP made a specific request. What do you recommend him?
>>
I know Evangelion is really divisive, but it's definitely personal to me. I watched it when depression was really hitting me hard, so it kinda became a coping mechanism. Something about its whole "hurting is part of being human and things will get better in the end" message was just really really comforting to me. Also even though the imagery of Third Impact and Instrumentality is pretty fucked up, it's also kind of special to me for some reason. The idea of going out in a beautiful apocalypse where you die painlessly while imagining the one you love being there for you is also kind of comforting for me.
>inb4 edgelord
>>
Gurren Lagann. I was gonna say Evangelion also but someone beat me to it. I know a lot of people love this anime, but it's special to me for a few reasons. We all need someone to believe in us, to push us forward. The show was so motivational and helped developed Simon the main protagonist into a hero. He was given motivation and from there began to develop into a strong leader.
>>
>>222523
t. hibikek shitter
>>
>>222507
prison school i don't usually smile but that one got me tearing up from laughing so much on almost every ep
aside from that the one i really like is samurai-x trust and betrayal the art and story is just so good never seen anything close to that one
>>
>>222507
I probably don't need as many spoiler tags as I have, but it's my opinion that the show loses almost all of the final-episode impact if that gets spoiled. Most of my "why I love it" relates to that somehow, though, so read at your own discretion.

I love Your Lie In April, because so many elements of the story parallel the end of my high school experience. Episode 1: he meets a girl, and suddenly the world seems colorful, life suddenly seems to be worth living and experiencing. My senior year of high school in a nutshell.

I'm an amateur musician: I've been playing piano for 17 years now, so both Kousei and Kaori's perception of music are things I can relate to. I really think music is most beautiful when you make a piece your own, pour yourself into the performance, and the show did a great job conveying that sentiment. While I'm nowhere near as good as Kousei, [spoiler]I relate to his experience, since my younger brother is finally surpassing me (he's now going to school to become a professional pianist), kind of like how Kousei screws up some performances, and constantly feels frustrated with himself that he can't perform. [/spoiler]I can also relate to him from the perspective of a dude who got friendzoned before he was even interested in the girl. I think that most guys have gone through that at some point.

Kaori's desires and motivations, once revealed, resonated with me on an even deeper, more personal, fundamental level. [spoiler]Firstly, she wants to be close to Kousei, but knows that when she's torn away from him by death, it will destroy him. I was in the opposite situation: I knew that when I was eventually torn away from her by college, it would destroy me. So Kaori and I chose to just be friends[/spoiler]Nice little parallel there.
>>
>>222655 (cont)

Secondly, and this is the one that really spoke to me, [spoiler]Kaori wants to be remembered. She doesn't want to die, even though she knows she will, and that terrifies her. She wants to reach out with her music and affect people in such a way that they'll carry that performance, which she poured her soul into, with them forever. She reached out to Kousei, and reignited his love of music with hers. Now, whenever he plays, he'll be thinking of her.[/spoiler]

I'm a Computer Science major, and I don't yet know what specifically I will accomplish with my life. But Your Lie In April inspired me to aspire to something more than just providing people with great software; I want to leave a mark on the world before I die, in such a way that even if no one remembers my name, they'll remember what I did. I know it'll never be [spoiler]in as deep and as personal a way as Kaori left an imprint on Kousei's soul, but for a long time, the ending of Your Lie in April will remain something that makes me tear up.[/spoiler]
>>
>>222656
>>222655
And it looks like spoiler tags don't work on /wsr/? Sorry for being so new.
>>
To Heart.
I know nothing of the sequels, but this was one of the first anime I ever watched.

I rewatch it at least every other year. It gives really comfy late 90s vibes and has nice music, especially the OP.
This is also where I discovered my love of robot girls, so if you're a fan of those, you'll probably like it for that reason as well.
>>
Jinrui Wa Suitai Shimashita
I don't even know what makes it so great. It's my favourite anime of all time and I've watched it propably six times.
>>
File: tumblr_nix01wsu9P1u9o7gzo1_400.gif (2MB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nix01wsu9P1u9o7gzo1_400.gif
2MB, 371x209px
>>
The best comedy I have seen is probably Ghost Stories, (the dub of course) If you don't know, it sold so bad that the dub crew got to do whatever they wanted to it. And it is amazing how the crazier it gets the further it progresses, as they care less and less.

My guilty pleasure anime, is probably Infinite Stratos, yes I know it is horrible, but I find it hilarious how dense the MC is. Also I like how the dub actually put in effort with accents, however bad they turned out to be.
>>
>>222701

>Look mom, I posted it again, tehe.

(You)
>>
>>222507
Cowboy bebop.
I’m an anime noob but holy shit it is god tier
>>
Persona 4. Well the game not the anime desu.
Some faggot weebs and elitist SMT fans like to look down upon it.
But I really love this game. It's rural setting, it's characters, and themes were all things I felt very familiar to. And coupled with the fact it is probably one of the best or the best gaming (narrative) experiences I've had. Coming back from school to your gran's in your rural town after a long day of hanging out with your friends to play Persona 4 with your little brother and discovering yourself through this game is a thing I will never forget.
>>
>>222507
Original dragon ball. A story of a clueless boy who doesn't have a mean bone in his body becoming something great through hard work and strength of will with the help and lessons from people he meets along the way.

Also Bulma fanservice. Sweet, sweet Bulma fanservice.
>>
>>222507
Sabagebu
D-frag
Kiss him not me
>>
ashita no joe
>>
Dennou Coil.

This underappreciated, and underrated anime is a personal favorite mines because it hits the right level of comfy, action and drama. If your just wanting to sit down comfortably and enjoy this with family, this is your anime.
>>
File: 1455986538958.gif (1010KB, 500x564px) Image search: [Google]
1455986538958.gif
1010KB, 500x564px
I want to marry Mio
(from K-ON!)
>>
>>222507
ReLife
>>
FLCL.

I identified heavily with Naota when I was younger, and in many ways I still do. It still makes me very emotional every time I watch it. Makes me feel like I'm going to make it.
>>
Nichiju. It is a show with no fan service, no superpowers, nothing but slice of life (if life was controlled by Danny DiVeto.)
>>
File: ontxgn.jpg (180KB, 1400x875px) Image search: [Google]
ontxgn.jpg
180KB, 1400x875px
Kaiba.

Never spoke to or met anyone that's aware of it, probably why it's made it so personal. Lovely artwork, quite avante garde in its execution, a great set of characters and a wonderful story, some fantastic viewing if you like something a little different. Gets quite dark and violent in places, in its own way. The story can really pull on your heartstrings if you let it. I would highly recommend it.
>>
>>223063
>A story of a clueless boy who doesn't have a mean bone in his body becoming something great through hard work and strength of will with the help and lessons from people he meets along the way.
every shonen ever
>>
>>224220
This- I've seen over 300 anime and Kaiba is in my top 5
>>
>>224257
what are your top 10?
>>
Initial D
As a person who really enjoys driving, it was perfect for me. I unashamedly cried when it ended. Also the soundtrack is fucking addicting
>this post is powered by S U P E R E U R O B E A T
>>
File: 1439526257080.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1439526257080.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>222507
Witch Craft Works.
I know it's not exactly the best anime out there, but I love the dynamics between the two main characters.
>>
>>222507
Shirobako
the struggle of MC who just entered workhood...
in a fucking. animation. studio.
every hopes and dream vs the harsh real work
>>
>>222507
Shin Sekai Yori also found as Shinsekai Yori. It's a post-apocalyptic dystopian fantasy recommended to me by my girlfriend shortly after we got together. Damn fine stuff, provided you pay attention to the details. Lots of foreshadowing and a very good villain.

Another that I'm tied to is The Twelve Kingdoms. What starts off as the single most generic self insert protagonist cliche ends up probably my favorite anime character ever, displaying the single best instance of character development in the genre that I've ever seen. It takes time but it's really good. A lovely example of the (somewhat low) fantasy genre.

Finally, Sora no Woto, which most people mistake for K-on with guns. Another postapocalyptic one. This time it draws heavily on a dried world scenario, and much of the world is shown to have some kinda' background. There's also an episode where the main characters, who are all a part of the military, get drunk and have fun.
>>
>>224150
Adapting Helvetica Standard was pure fanservice.
>>
File: Konachan.com - 204917 sample.jpg (661KB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
Konachan.com - 204917 sample.jpg
661KB, 1500x844px
>>222507
I just love this anime even tho i know is not the best in his genre.
>>
>>224594
New Game!
Same thing but with a game studio.
>>
File: 1443211814251.jpg (90KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1443211814251.jpg
90KB, 900x675px
>>222507
Spice and Wolf

When I saw the first scenes of the first episode I thought it was going to be fan service all the way, but in the end they treated Holo's nudity as a natural thing and didn't go any further in the direction of fanservice aside from subtle hints between Holo and Lawrence, mainly by Holo, later on when there is more of a romantic tension between them.

The story is great. You get to see how Lawrence actually overcomes real obstacles like taking a huge economic loss, the church getting in his way, a wealthy rival, etc. all through doing what he does for a living, being a traveling peddler and using all his ingenuity and experience as an avid trader. It has a feel of them being perfectly real scenarios in which a man only has his knowledge and expertise in his trade to overcome them.

The romance itself is also very believable (Holo being a wolf aside). You have two parties who at first have little interest in each other and only have a deal between them that ties them to traveling together and then, as time goes by, become more aware that they love each other but are not open about it because of the situations they are in and they don't want to interfere with each others dreams and goals (Lawrence's shop, Holo's hometown)

To this day I still have a warm feeling when I think of this anime. I love it so much, it is a good drama.
However, if you are only interested in the anime and not the light novels then beware that there isn't, and sadly will never be a season three.

As to what personal reasons I have to like this anime? Well, it simply clicks all my buttons. Part of it may go back to me dreaming of traveling the world in very much the same style a traveling peddler would in medieval times when I was a wee lad. The romance in it also hit all my buttons and got me very emotional at certain points. Only two animes have made me have a weep, the first was the last episode of Bebop when I was something like 13 and later on Spice and Wolf.
>>
>>222507
>Another that I'm tied to is The Twelve Kingdoms.
Love the Chose One character that turns out not to be the chosen one and can't use a sword and can't speak the language.

Also the ED.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.