[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Delete linux and grub

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: tmp_6620-images1370254460.jpg (6KB, 348x145px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_6620-images1370254460.jpg
6KB, 348x145px
Hi i need help fixing boot loader, i have windows 7 64bit on a ssd as main boot and a second external hard drive with kali linux on. I want to get rid of linux and grub but when i have reformatted drive and run easybcd write mbr, restarting show "grub is missing etc.." i have tried botting to different drives but nothing works. The only way i can get to windows is to reinstall kali and grub. What am i doing wrong? How can i get rid of kali linux and grub?

>sorry if hard to understand VERY tired
>>
boot up with windows 7 installation media and try fixboot and fixmbr from command line.
>>
>>222055
I did the same thing 2 days ago. For fix it, turn off ur pc and turn on and press F8 or F10 (depend of your pc) for go to the bios menu and choose wich OS u want to turn on first
>>
>>222056
So reinstall kali to get into windows create boot usb then run repair then delete kali and grub? Or reinstall into windows, create boot usb, delete kali+grub then run repair?
>>
>>222252
I have reinstalled kali gone into windows created repair disk,deleted kali linux from external drive and used easybcd, booted into recovery it finds windows but on my d drive(program) storage not the c drive, if i select it anyway and goto command and type "fixmbr" or "fixboot" its not recognised. Start up repair doesnt do anything either

>please help
>>
>>222264
Fixed it was me being stupid in blind panic forgot bootrec
>>
>>222055
You wrote the MBR to the wrong disk, or your BIOS is booting the wrong disk.

The only thing that would say "grub is missing" is grub. So clearly you failed to overwrite it.

Booting a Windows installer, pressing shift-f10 for a terminal, and using bootrec to fix the MBR will sort this out.

Also make sure to use diskpart to mark the partition with BOOTMGR on it as active, because the Windows MBR doesn't scan for it, and just runs the volume boot record on whatever partition is marked active.
>>
>>222072
That only works with EFI, which OP is not using. Legacy mode always boots an MBR, which is a ~300 byte program whose job is to hunt down the real boot menu and try to load it.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.