[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Free Steam game or demo with high requirements

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

Are there any games/demos on Steam that are graphically-demanding, free, and (preferably) a small download?

Everything in "Free Demos" is some shit I've never heard of, and there's no way to sort by size or by system requirements.
>>
Dwarf Fortress
>>
>>221970
Just buy something then refund it you ninny
>>
http://store.steampowered.com/app/223850/
>>
>>221970
I'll let you borrow my BF1 account but it's a big download.
>>
>>221970
>>221977
This, no job. Dwarf Fortress can bring a 3k spced out computer to its knees.
>>
Bump in the (probably futile) hope of getting even a single answer that isn't an obvious troll.
>>
>>221970
High requirements and size are correlated (if you disregard stuff like uncompressed music).
>>
>>222720
You asked for a graphically-demanding demo, and 3dmark has one. How's that a troll?
>>
>>222734
Because it's not a game, a demo, or even interactive in any way whatsoever?
>>
>>222752
It is a demo.
>>
>>222752
It's intended as a benchmark tool for graphically demanding software, including games. Isn't that what you are looking for?
>>
>>222755
No it's not.

General, and specifically in the context of an app store that sells games, "demo" is a cheaper, defeatured version of an *actual game*. "Demo" hasn't meant "some software that does nothing but look pretty" since the C64 and Amiga.

>>222763
Is it a game or a demo? Can you "play" it? Then no.

Also
>recommends fucking 3dmark as if no-one has ever heard of it
>plays semantic games to try to make it fit the OP
>says he's not trolling
>>
>>222783
Writing game/demos implies game, or demo, one or the other. Be precise in your requests if you don't want to be disappointed.
>>
"a bloo bloo no one helped me"

Fuck off.
>>
File: image.jpg (323KB, 1235x1235px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
323KB, 1235x1235px
>>222786
Yeah, and "demo" means "short version of a game that you can try out", and has always meant this.
>>
>>222720
Dwarf Fortress is not a troll, it WILL bring your computer to a halt.
>>
>>222846
Men of war assault squad is the only modern game I know of that has a demo.
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 640x459px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 640x459px
>>222877
Yeah, and about as graphically-demanding as Windows 95.
>>
>>222894
But you're wrong, and it's really obvious you've never played the game.
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 789x693px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 789x693px
>>222931
>1.4.56215
>added shader model 5.0 text console
>>
>>222941
Is this post supposed to be an argument?

You don't seem to understand computers very well.
>>
there's a version of Project Cars which just has the Pagani sports cars, uses the same engine as the full game and is pretty demanding.
>>
>>222975
Awesome.

Thanks, anon!
>>
http://store.steampowered.com/app/323910
>>
>>223115
Doesn't look like a very fun game, anon.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.