[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Odd message

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: weird message.jpg (52KB, 799x599px) Image search: [Google]
weird message.jpg
52KB, 799x599px
Hi /wsr/

Found an old hard drive with a copy of Vista on it, and this error message keeps popping up. It seems to appear every five minutes or so. I used who.is to look up who owns the IP, and it is owned by ripe.net

What is this? Any way to remove it? If you need a list of installed programs on this computer, just ask.
>>
File: odd search.jpg (48KB, 1259x769px) Image search: [Google]
odd search.jpg
48KB, 1259x769px
Typing in the IP alone brings up this shady looking web search. Typing anything in just gives you promo content.
>>
download malwarebytes. theres a virus/malware/trojan on that drive.
>>
ah the harmless virus that brings you to shifty websites that will give you actual harmful shit.
>>
File: cmd_2016-11-18_20-01-32.png (14KB, 960x480px) Image search: [Google]
cmd_2016-11-18_20-01-32.png
14KB, 960x480px
>>221933

> it is owned by ripe.net

Just wanted to chime in, RIPE is the authority that hands IP ranges to ISPs in Europe. You need to go deeper. Though not of much use, this is one level deeper information, pic related. It's a German IP.

You definitely have a trojan/virus (whatever you want to call it) and like >>222049 said, download malwarebytes to get rid of it.
>>
>>222561

Also wanted to add. That weird looking string after the IP looks like it's base64 encoded. The virus is sending some information back to its master. Try running the string through a decoder like https://www.base64decode.org/ to see what exactly the virus is sending to its master.
>>
>>222561
Rogue killer portable is better in your case or even combofix with vista
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.