[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please rec me some good mecha anime beyond the usual Gainax shit.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: ritsuqm.png (194KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ritsuqm.png
194KB, 500x500px
Please rec me some good mecha anime beyond the usual Gainax shit.
>>
Space Runaway Ideon
>>
Cross Ange
>>
Blue Gender
>>
>>220926
Kuromukuro, although it's more of SoL with mecha elements than a Mecha with SoL elements.
>>
Break Blade
>>
Mobile Suit Gundam (1979).
>>
Mazinkaiser SKL is stupid but it's also stupid fun.
>>
>>220926

Most of the Gundam franchise. Start with the original TV anime or the movie trilogy of it, then watch whatever else looks interesting.

Patlabor (7-episode OVA), then the two movies (Second movie is directed by Oshii, so it's a bit intense). Lots of fun characters that are incredibly loveable.

Code Geass (R1 & R2, Akito is terrible). Plot twists, entertainment, and one of the funnest rides anime has to offer.

Dominion (4-episode OVA). Not as mecha as other mechas, but it's still got robots. It's silly and fun and also adapted from a Shirow Masamune (Ghost in the Shell) work, if that gets you interested.

Giant Robo (7-episode OVA). Despite it having a "read the manga" sort of ending, the way the anime progresses and lots of little things here and there make it fantastic, such as a flashback in the first episode that's absolutely phenomenal.

Macross Plus (4-episode OVA). Incredibly animated mech fights. The two main mechs can transform between aircraft and mech at will and the animation for that accompanies those transformations is amazing.

Dangaioh (3-episode OVA). Silly and cheesy. Watch it if you want some fun. It's nothing amazing though.
>>
>>221064
>patlabor
>The popular franchise includes a manga, a TV series, two OVA series, three feature-length movies

help am retarded where start
>>
>>221316

Short version: Start with the Early Days OVAs and the original two movies.

Long version: Everything in my post begins with what to start with. For Patlabor, it's the 7-episode OVA, titled "The Early Days".

You then watch the movies, like I also said in my post. The first one is similar in tone to the OVAs, that being very fun and lovely. The second movie is Oshii as fuck though and is very political and a lot more film noir in tone and character. It's more like a detective movie than a slice of life mech show.

Anyway, I haven't watched the TV series, WXIII movie, nor read the manga, so I can't comment on those. But I can say that the Early Days OVAs and movies really made me want to watch the TV series just to see more of the characters, so it's definitely the best way to get into the series.
>>
File: scope dog.jpg (657KB, 1250x750px) Image search: [Google]
scope dog.jpg
657KB, 1250x750px
>>220926
Votoms
>>
>>221316
The answer is always production order. If you can find a franchise where production order isn't the answer I'll eat my hat.
>>
>>220926
I don't really like mecha, and have only seen a few, most of which I found only okay.

My favourite one is Magic Knight Rayearth, love that anime.
Full Metal Panic was also pretty good.
Escaflowne and Eureka Seven are okay if you can handle the annoying MCs.
>>
File: image.jpg (167KB, 600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167KB, 600x1000px
>>221498
Here you go.

Hope you like the taste of hat.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.