[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GitS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: ghostintheshell.jpg (116KB, 1131x707px) Image search: [Google]
ghostintheshell.jpg
116KB, 1131x707px
I want to watch ghost in the shell but I don't know where to start.
Is it just a movie and not a series? I see a couple of them out, is there an order to watch it in?
>>
Original movie > Innocence > Stand Alone Complex > 2nd Gig
Don't watch Arise
>>
>>220564

So there are two ways I believe you can get into the series.

You can watch the original 1995 movie and then Innocence.
or
You can watch Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, 2nd Gig, and Solid State Society.

After that, you watch the one you didn't watch.

Also, know that none of the works are connected in one big timeline. Each series is its own continuity. 1995+Innocence, Stand Alone Complex, Arise, the manga. They're just all different takes on the same concept.

You can then watch Arise and its movie or read the manga. But if you just want to get ready for the upcoming live-action movie, then just the original movies and anime are "required" for the most part. It seems to be a mix of the two.
>>
>>220564
You should start with the live-action movie :^)
>>
Why do people always ask this dumb question? You watch in production order. Always. It's even dumber with GitS because none of the series are really connected to each other and just adapt different aspects of the manga. The Major has 3 different origin stories in the 3 major time lines (1995 movie + sequel, then the SAC tv series, then the Arise movies). You can pick literally any one of them and just watch in production order. Jesus it's not hard.
>>
File: 1388577675516ysudz[1].png (172KB, 600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1388577675516ysudz[1].png
172KB, 600x1000px
>>220601
>You watch in production order. Always
Not always.

>Why do people always ask this dumb question?
Because not always.
>>
>>220601
I watched starwars from 1-6 instead of 4-6 1-3
>>
>>220720
if you want to properly troll people, claim you've watched star wars in the machete order.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.