[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please explain in plebspeak how to add a crt / scanline filter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

File: mpc.png (26KB, 300x313px) Image search: [Google]
mpc.png
26KB, 300x313px
Please explain in plebspeak how to add a crt / scanline filter for videos in media player classic.
>>
File: index.png (69KB, 159x263px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
69KB, 159x263px
I want to enable a filter/shader that does something like this.
>>
Still there?
>>
>>220141
Yes
>>
here are my shaders

http://www26.zippyshare.com/v/ErUGtgLM/file.html
>>
>>220164
unzip and copy the AdvancedCRT hlsl file into the shaders folder which is located in the folder where MPC is located
>>
Open MPC and go to View and then Options and then Shaders, select AdvancedCRT and add to pre-resize, apply and ok.
>>
hope all of that helps and is what you are looking for.
>>
File: the-matrix-whoa.jpg (12KB, 313x233px) Image search: [Google]
the-matrix-whoa.jpg
12KB, 313x233px
>>220170
>>220168
wewlad , that's a lot of shit. Thanks. That does exactly what I want, but I have one issue; the top of the screen is cropped/bent. Any way to have that not happen?

Also, is there a database/community where people post these hlsl shaders? I couldn't find anything like that
>>
>>220176
>top of the screen is cropped/bent. Any way to have that not happen
Yes you need to open the AdvancedCRT file in Notepad and change the following line,

define CRTCurvature 1 //[[0 or 1] "Barrel effect" enabled (1) or off (0)

Change it to 0 and save and that should do it.

>is there a database/community where people post these hlsl shaders
I found most of these around I never found a site/database. Most are from Ceejay who made SweetFX

let me know if it doesnt work
>>
File: artificats.png (2MB, 1282x817px) Image search: [Google]
artificats.png
2MB, 1282x817px
>>220180
That worked, thanks for the hand holding. One last problem I'm having with this shader is that when I go full screen I get artifacts. Before I changed the CRTcurvature those artifacts were still there but they weren't these vertical lines, but random dots instead. There are no artifacts when I'm at ~half screen. Are there any settings that could explain this?
>>
File: artifacts 2.jpg (505KB, 1260x965px) Image search: [Google]
artifacts 2.jpg
505KB, 1260x965px
>>220183
This is what it looks like with crtcurvature 1 set.
>>
>>220183
No i dont get that issue, Is it deff in the Pre Resize list because I get issues when its in the post resize?

any other shader files being used?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (122KB, 650x500px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
122KB, 650x500px
>>220189
Should look like that
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (1012KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
1012KB, 1920x1080px
>>220189
It was in post resize. Moving it to pre resize removes the artifacts, but it looks worse now. Shader in post resize is on the right.
>>
File: shader editor.jpg (241KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
shader editor.jpg
241KB, 1366x768px
>>220180
>you need to open the AdvancedCRT file in Notepad
Actually, MPC has a built-in shader editor, and it compiles and applies the shader every time you move the cursor up or down.

>>220186
>>220189
>>220183
It works fine for me; your GPU may be sad.
>>
>>220204
I have a 970. But I also have SVP installed, but disabled right now, and I may have done something else in mpc which is causing these fuck ups...
>>
>>220206
Generally shader artefacts are a sign your card is dying...
>>
>>220224
I'm not sure about that. I mean, I've been playing Modern Warfare Remastered, and I just did a stress test with furmark, and I haven't noticed any sort of artifacts like what I was getting in mpc before.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.