[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

XEON E5450

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: rBVaG1XDApOADHEXAANI1OqZAp0950.jpg (176KB, 1600x1575px) Image search: [Google]
rBVaG1XDApOADHEXAANI1OqZAp0950.jpg
176KB, 1600x1575px
Is it worth for 50 Dollars?
Im currently having an E8400 overclocked to 4.20GhZ, so is it even worth it performance wise?
Assuming its modified and i have updated bios, it should work on my P5K-E shitty archaic mobo right?

How do the Xeon fare in comparison to, for example, Core 2 Quad Q9650?
>>
Throw some knowledge at me
>>
Would appreciate very highly any answer for any of my questions
>>
Ples ?
>>
Intel server cpus aren't really into my scope, but I'd throw my opinion hoping it helps.

Price is fine, but to me it seems a downgrade from the e8400, if you don't use more than 2 cores, otherwise it's doubling in power for roughly 1/4 more consumption. It has a slighty different socket, so it won't fit in your p5k-e unless you have some kind of adapter and the difference in power consumpion could put too much stress on your mobo, especially on OC. I say it's too much of a gamble. If you feel like toying with it while having the aforementioned adapter without not minding losing your rig, go for it.

Can't say how it fares, but I'd like to know that too.
>>
>>220217
>if you don't use more than 2 cores
Everything uses more than two cores nowadays.

>>220012
>Assuming its modified and i have updated bios, it should work on my P5K-E shitty archaic mobo right?
If it can run a Core2 Quad, then yes it should.

If boots, but the BIOS doesn't play ball, you can boot to BITS (BIOS Implementation Test Suite), then chainload your OS after correctly configuring the processor.

>>220012
>the Xeon fare in comparison to, for example, Core 2 Quad Q9650?
It *is* a Q9650, except Intel has tested it to see if it can run undervolt.

>>220217
>the difference in power consumpion could put too much stress on your mobo
Funny you should mention that, seeing as it uses *less* power than its Core2 equivalent.
>>
>>220012
>Is it worth for 50 Dollars?
Can't vouch for the seller, but pre-mod ones with holes cut for the 775 alignment lugs are $34 on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/282246348190
>>
>>220223
>Funny you should mention that, seeing as it uses *less* power than its Core2 equivalent.
It wasn't referred to the Q9650
>E5450 80 W
>E8400 65 W
>>
>>220252
SFW?

The motherboard is either rated for the 95W 775 Q9650 or it isn't.
>>
>>220252
>>220012
The Asus P5K-E is a great board which can easily handle an E5450. It is capable of reaching 500MHz+ FSB with a quad and 550-600MHz with a dual core, which is very respectable.
You can extreme overclock quads with this board if you keep it cool, no problem at all.
>>
>>220231
The seller says its already modedwith holes cut.

>>220217
I play gmaes like Witcher 3 and Shadow WArrior 2, i assume these will take advantage of it.

>>220305
I can agree with that, i can overclock like madman with ths, as ive said, i have the E8400 OCed to 4.20GhZ and i never got past 50 celsius

So overall, what ive gathered from it, the answer is "Do it faggot"
>>
Also, still OP here, the Xeon CPUs are for servers from what ive gathered, do they work just as well with games as does Core 2 Quad?
Or it doesnt make any real difference at all?
>>
>>220689
Like another anon already said:

>It *is* a Q9650, except Intel has tested it to see if it can run undervolt.

It is a quality guaranteed Core 2 Quad with a few extra features you don't need.
>>
>>220686
No, I meant I can't vouch for the *integrity* of the seller. It's just the first Xeon that showed up when I asked for "price+shipping, lowest first".
>>
>>220689
Here's a comparison table: http://www.delidded.com/lga-771-775-cpus/#key-features-45nm

The only feature differences are:

- Core2 Quad ("Yorkfield") has VT-d, which you need to route PCIe devices into virtual machines
- Xeon ("Harpertown") has demand-based switching, which means lower idle temperature

Not present on the table is that the Xeons are the very best dies to come off the wafer, which is why the 3.00GHz/12M/1333 Xeon E5450 has a tdp of 80w, and the 3.00GHz/12M/1333 Core2 Quad Q9650 has a tdp of 95w.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.