[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Linux install support

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1479011395525.jpg (97KB, 1600x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1479011395525.jpg
97KB, 1600x1024px
I'm a fuckin Linux scrub, wanted to get into it because you can customise it to what you want, and JewSoft won't interfere as much

I'm starting off with ubuntu, installing with a live USB, but when I boot into the install menu my mouse cursor is stuck in the top left corner of the screen. However, I can click other places on the screen, as I booted from the USB to "try ubuntu", so the screen shows the mouse in the top left corner, but the mouse is actually elsewhere. I've googled this and tried heaps of solutions but the one person that seems to have my exact problem no one has answered.

I have an nvidia card, and two monitors, with the only change in position of the mouse swapping between the left corner in the first monitor, and the left corner in the second.

I have tried:
Using virtual console to see if any xinput pointers were interfering, none were, disconnected everything except the mouse. I have tried multiple mice. Swapped the graphics drivers from the ubuntu standard and the nvidia one.

No idea at this point. Made a shitty graphic to show where it gets stuck.
>>
>>219719
>JewSoft
what?
>>
>>219732
microsoft
>>
>>219719
You might want to try creating the USB with rufus. At least unetbootin makes it's own changes to the .iso, breaking some distros.
I've literally never had an ubuntu install work out of the box, somehow it manages to be shit like that.
On another note mint isn't really any better.
>>
>>219855
Yeah Mint had the same problem, used tuxedo to put the iso on the usb. Unetbootin fucked with the install something fierce. Trying fedora atm.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.