[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

free antivirus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
what are some good free antiviruses?
I get conflicting reports from google.

so far i only use malwarebytes, but it's now giving me an error when i try to update it.

i used to have avg years ago but when I looked into getting it again it said it was cloud based. i don't even know what that means when it comes to antiviruses. would I need a constant internet connection? I'd like some that don't require internet connections besides when i update them.
>>
>>219388
Avira Free with Avira Popup Killer.
>>
up
>>
>>219388

Malwarebytes is not an antivirus. If you're gonna bitch about cloud-based I don't think there's a single one that isn't; try Avast and see if it is cloud based too.
>>
>>219741
what is cloud based exactly? does it need internet connection to scan?
>>
>>219388

Use linux
http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/beginner-s-guide-to-linux-where-to-start-1066778

You're welcome.
>>
>>219388
just use ublock origin on your browser and download any shady shit.
>>
try avira
>>
>>219947
i use linux already with live usb but my main os is still windows and i don't have any plans to completely switch yet
>>219983
i'll check it out thanks
>>
avg works pretty well
>>
panda anti vir
>>
>>220327
I've read conflicting reports about this one.

also to add, I'd like one that's not constantly running in the background and has the ability to turn off daily scheduled scans.
>>
>>219388
>Malwarebytes for regular scans
>Windows defender
>A bit of intelligence
It's all you need
>>
>>220430
That's stoopid.

The whole point of even having an antivirus is to stop the malware before it's got in an encrypted all your files.
>>
>>220471
where do i download intelligence?
can't find it on google.
>>
>>219388

I just paid £14.95 for 10 multi device licences for Kaspersky Internet Security.

That's practically free.

I've been using Kaspersky for years and haven't had a virus while it's been installed. Last time I got a virus was with McAfee, and before that it was with Norton.
>>
>>220614
That's also a quarter of the price their own website sells them for.

Are you sure you didn't just pirate it and pay some guy for no reason?
>>
>>220627

Look on ebay, there are loads of cheap licenses. Mine came through the post with an official unopened cd case containing the official cd. Activation code printed on the included insert.

A few years ago I bought it half price from a shop, sealed packaging.

I have no idea why Kaspersky make it possible for traders to drastically undercut themselves.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kaspersky-Internet-Security-2016-Multi-Device-10-Devices-FFP-PC-Android-Mac-/291891126569?hash=item43f6112129:g:1jMAAOSwPCVX63vp
>>
>>220507
Usually a person starts with a certain amount and is able to increase it through "learning" and "experience".
If you've started too low or you are not able to gain more, you may be "retarded". There's no real cure, but I suggest you check out some special clinics.
>>
>>220614
would a pirated kaspersky be as efficient?
>>
>>221066

I'm guessing so, as it's the same code. It just needs activating.

Download the free month's trial and see if it suits you.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.