[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do some people on /a/ hate nyaa.se?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 1468008298416.png (8KB, 527x190px) Image search: [Google]
1468008298416.png
8KB, 527x190px
Why do some people on /a/ hate nyaa.se?
>>
>>219110

Because they're idiots. It's the best source of anime torrents, there's no reason to think it's bad.

Probably has to do with the "Cartel" or herkz. But neither of them really matter anymore, since fansubbing is nearly dead at this point anyway.

Just ignore the dumb people.
>>
>>219129

>It's the best source of anime torrents

Nigger what?
>>
>>219177

Give me another site that does what Nyaa does better.

BakaBT and AnimeBytes are both great, but BakaBT doesn't host torrents of licensed stuff and AnimeBytes is a private tracker. TokyoTosho and AnimeTosho are barely even known to anyone, thus their relevance to anyone is lower. So what else is there?

Are you disagreeing with me because it's not as useful for shows older than the last two years or so where the seeds have dwindled to single digits? You can still find most things on Nyaa despite that. Or is it something else?

Bring up your counter-point, please, I want to see it.
>>
>>219181
>BakaBT doesn't host torrents of licensed stuff
Since when?
>>
>>219183

http://wiki.bakabt.me/index.php/Blacklist

This has been the case for several years now.
>>
>>219181
Looking at these, BakaBT seems really useful for getting older series; however, neither it nor the two "tosho" sites you mentioned provide current anime in a timely fashion.
AnimeBytes says that "Applications are currently closed" - is this true, or is there some special sort of way I need to apply? Are private trackers really *that* much better though?
>>
Nyaa as a website isn't bad, it's just the cabal of assholes who run it that are the problem.
>>
>>219188
The only way to get into a private tracker if they're not accepting applications is to be invited by a member. Begging for invites on public forums like 4chan is not allowed, gets both the begger and the one who invited him banned, fyi.

>Are private trackers really *that* much better though?
Yes, if you are heavily invested in whatever they deal with. I watch a shitload of anime and getting into AB is actually really easy so I saw no reason not to. It combines the good aspects of both Nyaa and BakaBT. It has every single series on BakaBT with just as much seeding, including all the series that were blacklisted from BakaBT. It also has far more variety for each of those titles, where BakaBT usually just picks what it thinks are the "best" releases for each title.

The only drawback is that like all private trackers it has a mandatory seed requirement for everything you download. It's not anything too onerous but I prefer to avoid having to seed if I don't have to so I mainly use AB as a last resort, if I can't find something on Nyaa or BakaBT. And if I can't find it on AB it doesn't exist.
>>
>>219191
Alright, final question. You say
>It combines the good aspects of both Nyaa and BakaBT
But does it frequently update torrents for currently airing anime?
I usually leave my torrents seeding in the background anyway, so if AB really does combine the pros of Nyaa (for current series) and Baka (for older series) then I'll probably keep an eye out for when they start accepting applications again.
>>
>>219192

Yes, they just started doing currently airing anime last season, I believe, after some beta testing a few seasons ago.

They're all freeleech while the shows are still airing, too, so it's a good way to build your upload (since everyone will be downloading them, thus being a solution to private trackers being so hard to seed on), not tanking your download to upload ratio, and you get Yen (the site's fake currency) to buy free upload.

I'd still say to just download off of Nyaa, since you don't have to worry about seeding forever with Nyaa. Or use XDCC on #HorribleSubs to just do it through a direct download.
>>
>>219110
It's run by idiotic retards who think they are some authority in the anime quality field even when the shit they make can barely be called decent.
The torrents also die fast due the community unspoken rule to have a buffer tracker/front end that doesn't only relies on magnets in case shit hits the fan but no one remembers this anymore, like this retard >>219129 who acts like a fucking nigger on the internet and prefers to eat shit instead of maintain a decent ration like any human being could do,
>>
>>219197
OK. Thanks for your help.
>>
>>219200

As expected, it has to do with the "Cartel" and herkz.

You are getting upset over the dumbest shit. Who cares if the people who run it are idiots. Like I said, their opinions have barely any presence now that fansubbing is nearly dead lately, so it doesn't even matter. And no public tracker ever cares about ratio, what even made you bring that up? I maintain my ratio on all my private trackers because it actually matters there. On public trackers it doesn't. If you think Nyaa is somehow exempt, you're just being silly. That's not to say that I don't seed public tracker torrents.

What matters is that you can go on Nyaa and download whatever anime you want off of it without any hassle. Every other site pales in comparison, or requires an account. Thus, the hate for it just seems silly to me.

I don't understand how someone could be this angry and upset over nothing.
>>
>>219192
>But does it frequently update torrents for currently airing anime?
Yes, they're doing currently airing anime now too. Personally I don't use it for that because I prefer not to tank my seeding ratio when I can get the shows just as easily from public trackers like nyaa or some rather minor ones like Minglong or Anidex.moe

>if AB really does combine the pros of Nyaa (for current series) and Baka (for older series)
I meant it more that like Nyaa it contains many competing releases for the same title rather than just picking the "best" release like BakaBT does. So when you search for, say, the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, you get pic related for the TV show (it also has torrents for everything else in the franchise: spin-off anime, manga, the original light novels, visual novels, art books sound tracks etc).
>>
File: AB haruhi torrents.jpg (275KB, 767x1215px) Image search: [Google]
AB haruhi torrents.jpg
275KB, 767x1215px
>>219553
And I forgot to upload the picture.
>>
>>219273
>Who cares if the people who run it are idiots.
People who actually care about anime, because Herkz and his buddies will frequently ban fansubbers from their tracker for no reason or just to be assholes. In fact earlier this year they banned one of the best one-man sub teams who frequently does OVAs and BD releases nobody else is touching because he dared to question their rating of one of his releases on their IRC channel. They not only banned him but dissociated all his torrents from his account so he can't delete or change them, now he can only upload on minor trackers that many of his former fans don't know about.

If you want a reason why fansubbing is dying it's because of assholes like Herkz who continually purge talented hardworking members of the community with their bullshit.
>>
>>219110
It's pretty casual plus the cartel.
>>
>>219556
Do you mean Mori?
>>
>>219110
The aforementioned thing about it being run by some nepotistic cabal. The scene is full of some self-absorbed cunts who think they're saving anime. If you don't care about that, it does its job fine.

As mentioned, fansubbing is dead since official subs have taken over.
>>
>>219556
Wow, what the fuck? I hadn't heard about this. I already disliked Herkz, but that makes it even worse. This makes me even happier I got him kicked off Sekai Project.

You know, one time I pointed out every single thing Herkz had done wrong (mainly in my field of expertise, visual novels) and his response was to post a screencap of my 4chan post on Twitter and call me a racist. Yeah, I don't get it either.

Encouraging quality in translations should be a good thing, but Herkz is a complete asshole about it and the best part is he doesn't even fucking know Japanese. Why is someone like this even anywhere close to the translation process? Bunch of condescending pricks.
>>
>>219110
nyaa.se is OK but animesuki is my go-to torrent site.
>>
>>219110
>Why do some people on /a/ hate nyaa.se?
Because nyaa contains anime, and /a/ hate anime with a passion.
>>
>>219636
No I mean Tsundere. Read about it here: https://tsundererips.wordpress.com/2016/04/01/oh-come-on-nyaatorrents/

Basically Herkz is a fucking child.
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 750x411px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 750x411px
>>219776
If he's posted all that in the intention of making it look like he was wronged by a petulant child, I'd say that was a massive own-goal.
>>
>>219129
I actually agree with you, first time i read about people having problems with nyaa.se, i think it's pretty great

Really, having never lurked there, the more i learn about /a/, the more i think it's full of circle jerking narcissists...
>>
>>219875
I've never seen anyone claim that nyaa isn't damn useful before I saw this thread, so it's probably a lone idiot.
>>
>>219181
>Give me another site that does what Nyaa does better.
AnimeBytes.

>AnimeBytes is a private tracker
How does this make it worse? If anything it makes it better.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.