[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nokia 222 dual sim mp3 playan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: nokia-222-ds-2.jpg (57KB, 660x533px) Image search: [Google]
nokia-222-ds-2.jpg
57KB, 660x533px
Hello, fellow anons! My only cell phone for the foreseeable future is a Nokia 222. I was delighted to see it plays mp3 files and receives a microSD card of up to 64.

The problem is that it cannot play music albums. Its mp3 player sees only a list of files, that can either play in order (alphabetically I presume) or shuffle. You can also access the sd card files, but in that case you simply open a folder and then can access each file seperately.

Can you think of a way to play music albums properly? Am I missing anything obvious? Pls no bully; my previous shitty smart phone died and don't have the money (200-300 euros) to buy another for it to die within the next two years as well.
>>
>>218802
By properly I mean to be able to recognize that a folder is a specific album and then to allow you to play that folder's contents in order. And only those.

Instead I'm lost in a huge list of mp3 files listed alphabetically and the sequence of the files is very confusing and stupid. Shuffling all of them is equally pointless.
>>
Please help, guys.
>>
Web sales sites suggest that you should be able to form playlists with your Music application, but no information on how to do that.

I found your user manual, but it doesn't mention playlists at all, unlike manuals for later models (such as the 230).

Are you using the Music application or viewing the mp3s through a file viewer application?
>>
>>219262
Thank you for the reply. I am trying both. The music player can either play all the files in order or shuffle them.

The data file viewer opens the contents of each folder, but does it seperately for each file. You can access 1.mp3, but that's it. You have to then play 2.mp3 manually.

I don't obviously need to load playlists. Just for the music player that I want to play a specific folder's contents in order.
>>
I researched a video review on this phone so I could get a look at the options more in detail. It doesn't look like there's any sort of easy album support.

What I recommend is using a bulk renaming utility to rename all of your song files to include the album name and song number at the start of the title. So for example, "Yellow Submarine" becomes "Revolver-06-Yellow Submarine".

This is your best shot, I think. I recommend learning to mass rename with bat commands or using a program like Bulk Rename Utility instead of doing it by hand.

http://www.howtogeek.com/111859/how-to-batch-rename-files-in-windows-4-ways-to-rename-multiple-files/
>>
>>219288
Thank you very much for your effort. Do you happen to know if there should be a length limit on the characters of the files?

By the way, would you recommend another cheap/simple phone that would allow folders to play properly?
>>
>>219319
One thing I would like to point out that because a phone has mp3 capability does not mean it will be a good mp3 player. Most of the time the playback option is added just so it has one more selling point.

That being said there is phone that comes to mind - The ZTE Z432. The MP3 playback is on par with a first gen iPod that sorts your music by artist, album, genre, playlist, etc... Granted the most it can take is a 32GB microsd and cannot recieve e-mail, it makes a good player.
>>
>>219331
>because a phone has mp3 capability does not mean it will be a good mp3 player
I was unaware of that, but it now became painfully clear. I'm guessing it's their way to entice new customers and maybe edge them towards a more advanced model with playlist support.

My first two smartphones were generally competent in that aspect... Except for the fact they had various problems (sim card recognition failure, sd card recognition failure, low battery life) from very early on and decided on spending low cash on a new phone. However allowing mp3 file reproduction in such a fashion leaves a bad taste in the customer's mouth.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.