[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BF1 CPU problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: BF1-672x372.jpg (50KB, 672x372px) Image search: [Google]
BF1-672x372.jpg
50KB, 672x372px
Okay guys wtf is going on with BF1?

I have a gtx 1070 8gig RAM and a i5-6600k 4.5 OC

It uses up to 100 % of my CPU but my GPU is not used completely. its around 70-80 sometimes 90 % used but it drops even to 30 and 0% when the CPU goes into full load.

What is wrong here, what can I do? Will upgrading to win 10 help? It makes me so angry. I capped to 70fps but it sometimes even drops from their to under 60 fps. This shouldn´t be the case with my specs.

/v/ please help me out here, I am starting to regret buying this CPU and GPU.
>>
>>217519
>I have a gtx 1070 8gig RAM
You have more system RAM than just 8GB, right?

> I am starting to regret buying this CPU and GPU.
Certainly, you didn't futureproof very well given that games are designed for consoles, and all the consoles (current and nextish-gen) have twice as many execution contexts* as your processor, and the same number of execution contexts as an i7.

* read that as "cores" if you're not pedantic.
>>
>>217528
WTH dude. Thats trolling par exellence. My i5-6600k stomps all the consoles even put together into the ground. Same goes for my gpu
>>
>>217531
It's not about relative performance vs consoles, it's about performance vs other PCs that aren't bottlenecked by having half as many cores as the games are all written for.

All AAA games are written for consoles first, because that's where the market share and money is. Soz. Consoles have eight cores, so modern games have eight threads.

You have four cores. Four is half as much as eight. You have half as many cores as the games are written for. The number of cores the games expect is twice as many as you have. Each of your cores has to run two threads.

Your processor is literally half the processor the game was developed on. Modern games are only going to get more threaded and processor-dependent. If you wanted a processor that wouldn't be a massive bottleneck in a year or so, you should have got an i7.
>>
>>217533
An I7 is too expensive though besides that, its usually not about threads and shit. Im not very well with these things but there are so many more important things
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.