[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help finding the title/term for a particular ideology

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: Pretty Much.jpg (117KB, 700x610px) Image search: [Google]
Pretty Much.jpg
117KB, 700x610px
What is the term for a person who believes that having children is amoral/wrong?

(i know it sounds dumb but the logic behind it is that your forcing a person into the world against there will,were they might and probably will face lots of pain and hardship and aren't even assured a good or even okay life)

pic is somewhat...sorta related?
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (31KB, 450x297px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
31KB, 450x297px
>>215803
Being a pessimist, a philosophical pessimist, not the every day meaning of "guy who thinks things are bad". Go read Schopenhauer's "On Pessimism"

Truth be told there are also other beliefs around that like the material world is evil, and people are placed in it is a bad thing like the Cathars and a few other heretical sects of Christianity, as well I'm sure a few other religions, but yeah, I think you are thinking about pessimism.
>>
>>215803
>What is the term for a person who believes that having children is amoral/wrong?
>(i know it sounds dumb but the logic behind it is that your forcing a person into the world against there will,were they might and probably will face lots of pain and hardship and aren't even assured a good or even okay life)
Wat ಠ_ಠ
>>
It's apparently called 'antinatalism':

https://www.reddit.com/r/philosophy/comments/27p93c/having_children_is_immoral_not_just_a_person/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antinatalism
>>
>>215808
Therefore, to answer your question, a 'person who believes that having children is amoral/wrong' is an antinatalist

I can't get my head around that notion though, it sounds so...wrong wtf :/
>>
>>215805
>>215808
>>215810
thanks for the insight, i appreciate it!

>>215806
it appears obvious you never have dabbled in anything philosophical in nature, otherwise you wouldn't have left such a useless comment
>>
>>215818
No problem. Though I should apologies for for getting Pessimism and Antinatalism mixed up, often the former is used to justify the latter so I got a bit ahead of myself.

If you want more about current thoughts on antinatalism, I think David Benatar is the modern popular face of the argument for his relatively recent book "Better to never have been: the harms of coming into being". Though personally I think that the basic pessimistic justification is more simple and elegant an argument compared to Benatar's more convoluted one.
>>
>>215803
Its hard to explain but I understand, why bring your child in to such a corrupt system in the first place. The world is beautiful, but man has perverted and defiled it in the name of safety and morals.

I think its will understood conflict will always exist for humans, however to bring kids endlessly into this cycle to only feed it is outright insanity. I feel the way you do. Its the sadness of existence, we never are offered a choice in the matter. We just are, there we exist.

Look at the system of conflict and The war gene. The idea is humanity can only exist and cope with living through finding meaning because of conflict, therefore the pleasure and dreams of life are actually an escapism from the pre-destined blue print of our very design. Basically a pyramid scheme, most humans just shit on someone right below them to fit into life for affirmation of their existence, no matter the government, religion, race, timeperiod, etc.

Which fits with antinatalism will since bringing more kids from parents who dont realize this true, will end up with a new generation repeating the same mistakes endlessly. even if we are pre-destined for conflict, we are also beings of miracles itself. The cycle is vicious and all consuming but we are also anomalies. I believe we can overcome our very design itself, but if we never address the issue nothing will ever change. only the blame shifts endlessly to create new conflicts, new winners and losers.
>>
this is why 4chan needs a dedicated philosophy forum. also so that the philosophags will stop crapping /lit/ up with threads about Nietzche.
>>
>>216015
>>215803
>>>/his/

This sort of thread belongs to /his/ (part of "& humanities").

Antinatalism threads crop up from time to time there, by the way.
>>
File: 1342997377123.jpg (67KB, 512x512px)
1342997377123.jpg
67KB, 512x512px
>>215806
Life hurts. Inflicting it on others is cruel.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.