[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Music app

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Im looking for a music player app, the one I used to use didn't have flac support and the one that came with the cellphone doesn't have much options like suffle for example.
>>
Shuttle+

All should support flac since most audio players are just a skin to the android audio library
>>
>>215618
Blackplaye is hands down the best music player for mobile out there.
>>
>>215645
>>215650
thanks senpais, I will try them
>>
>>215618
You should be transcoding anyway, because your phone can play music in hardware with the SSD and main CPU completely powered off, which means 3 hours of FLAC vs 36 hours of AAC.
>>
>>215658
Expand on this
>>
you should use AIMP
>>
>>215662
When you play music using the system's media player, and the music is a supported format, the OS copies your entire playlist into RAM without decoding it.

It then wakes up a custom IC thats sole job is to play music, and points it at the RAM buffer, and lets it do its thing. The custom IC is designed to play music, and it does so using very little power indeed. Because it's low-power, it's not smart: all it can do is read from RAM, and decode certain formats of music.

Then when you press the lock button, the phone goes to sleep, and the screen, CPU and SSD completely power down. The CPU doesn't wake up again, except to service interrupts, yet the phone is still playing music through the low-power IC. So your battery use is exactly as if the phone were off, apart from the dedicated IC.

When you play music using the system's media player, and the music isn't a supported format, it's just like if you played music on your laptop: the CPU reads the file, decodes it, and outputs the decoded stream through the soundcard. When you press the lock button, the CPU and SSD stay powered on, because your player app is preventing sleep. So your battery use is exactly as if the phone were on, minus the screen.

So if you want to listen to music without shagging your battery, transcode the copy for your phone into a format it can decode in hardware. If you've got a cheap phone, that means AAC or MP3; most Samsungs do FLAC, and all iPhones do ALAC.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.